Closed Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantie View Post
    ............... you just have to keep looking.
    That is far far too time consuming for some...they want them NOW if not sooner and if they can't have them NOW then the TR is rubbish and needs to be scrapped.
    If they can't have their way they will develop persecution complexes and babble on about people hacking the game and cheating...basically anything they can invent to mask their own inadequacy they will use with impunity, oblivious to just how childish they are appearing to others with a more balanced frame of mind.
    All because they can't play a game properly the way THEY WANT IT TO BE PLAYED.

Advanced Member

For me it was a combination...

I quit playing about 2 weeks ago and the reason is a combination of the throne room and bots. I never used bots or add ons. I was able to keep up for the most part. Then with the throne room I tried to keep up with the auto attackers. Auto salvagers. Auto upgraders. And whatever else auto it has. I tried upgrading just one item i found with multiple range bonuses to wonderous from epic just over 1000 times manually. All the attacking and salvaging worthless cards and hitting dark forests for the over 45 mil aetherstone i had to get to try to upgrade just one card, waiting for the repair and doing it over and over. And it never happened. Meanwhile people running their scripts were getting further and further along ahead with their range. I logged on one morning to find i had been hit 500 times by 6 people each with more might and each with over a 40% total range advantage over me. I had enough. What is the point of playing when I cant hit them back even if i retrain all my troops?

I am not whining. Just saying the game changed enough for me to not enjoy it anymore. Not to want to spend my time or money on it. I have been based dozens of times. That was the first time i said to myself "what is the point?" Thats when i knew it was time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Botulism View Post
    That is far far too time consuming for some...they want them NOW if not sooner and if they can't have them NOW then the TR is rubbish and needs to be scrapped.
    If they can't have their way they will develop persecution complexes and babble on about people hacking the game and cheating...basically anything they can invent to mask their own inadequacy they will use with impunity, oblivious to just how childish they are appearing to others with a more balanced frame of mind.
    All because they can't play a game properly the way THEY WANT IT TO BE PLAYED.
    Not only do they want it NOW but they want it NOW and FREE. Sorry if you want it NOW get out the cc if you want it free it will take a few months. The people that have the 'insane' range limits have been working on their TR's since before enhancing and upgrading became avaialbe nearly 3 months ago. It took them 2-3 months to get to this point if you want to get there it can happen but it will take you 2-3 months as well it is not an overnight process nor should it be.
    Just because someone is an "Expert Member" in the forum doesn't mean they know what they are talking about....It just means they're talking.

No longer playing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by former noob View Post
    Not only do they want it NOW but they want it NOW and FREE. Sorry if you want it NOW get out the cc if you want it free it will take a few months. The people that have the 'insane' range limits have been working on their TR's since before enhancing and upgrading became avaialbe nearly 3 months ago. It took them 2-3 months to get to this point if you want to get there it can happen but it will take you 2-3 months as well it is not an overnight process nor should it be.
    So lets see you got lucky and found a card for free, but you don't want anyone else to get one, the drop rate fell then surprise surprise kabam start a gambling scam to get people to buy something that might give them the card, using the people who got lucky and got them free as advertising. No one and I really do mean no one is going to do the tedious cresting, and df ing to get A stone, and to sift the cards, or enhance upgrade them after it is all done by bot, no work involved other than setting up your bot. Yet another one harping on that they worked hard, yeah right.

Well I haven't quit the game per se, but all I am doing, as I wasn't one of the lucky ones at the start, and now that range cards are as rare as hens teeth, is growing millions of millies, don't have to be here to do that, set to defend with nothing but the millies, use all the archers to raid to keep the resources up to maintain the millies, then laugh at the destruction they do to the high range troops. Not what I want out of the game, but at least I get the last laugh on the TR lovers with their high "easy to get if you work on it Range". I've found a better game to play and only really stick around for the friends I have made here, and of course every time I get attacked by the idiots, they benefit by having less troops available to be sent at them.

Banned
    Meryl, it's a war game sweetie...that's what folks do in a war game...attack other folks.
    Doesn't make people 'idiots' because they are actually playing the game as it was intended.
    You need to stop seeing attacks on your virtual cities as anything personal and realise it's all just a game...a WAR game. No-one really dies in war games and if you sit around long enough, any virtual soldiers that are 'lost' are replaced when that clock ticks down so no real harm done.
    All the smack talk of those who attack you isn't from idiots but from people like yourself who are taking a war game far too seriously than is (IMO) healthy for them.
    I wonder how many people you've attacked and perhaps beaten have called you an idiot ...seeing the childishness demonstrated here lately I imagine quite a few.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Botulism View Post
    Meryl, it's a war game sweetie...that's what folks do in a war game...attack other folks.
    Doesn't make people 'idiots' because they are actually playing the game as it was intended.
    You need to stop seeing attacks on your virtual cities as anything personal and realise it's all just a game...a WAR game. No-one really dies in war games and if you sit around long enough, any virtual soldiers that are 'lost' are replaced when that clock ticks down so no real harm done.
    All the smack talk of those who attack you isn't from idiots but from people like yourself who are taking a war game far too seriously than is (IMO) healthy for them.
    I wonder how many people you've attacked and perhaps beaten have called you an idiot ...seeing the childishness demonstrated here lately I imagine quite a few.
    It was a strategy game that involved battles, it was fun then, now it is a glorified Farmville where you have your bots continually searching for cards and your troops continually autobarbing. That is not the way the game was intended to be played and certainly wasn't when the game started.

If you think that spending months to build an army, virtual or not, only to have it wiped out by someone who has spent maybe a day building the troops that do it, because the game has been made so imbalanced, is a laugh, then turn off your throne and call someone with a high amount of range a chicken, see if you still think it is funny then.

I don't have range, so I have a strategy to annoy people who have got it either by luck or General credit cards help, that is to sit back while the morons who think they are invincible destroy their troops which took them a long time to build. I don't even need to be in the game to do it, just drop in once a day to restart the barb raids.

I have fought in wars and battles, won some lost some, but no one really believes that the imbalance caused by the tr has enhanced the game play. It has ended real fighting completely. I might have a new strategy but it is totally defensive, I can't attack anyone who has 1% range and hope to get a good result. Let's be honest it has even stopped many people from reinforcing, because it would be suicide.

Now tell me that all those people who left the game, because they didn't want yet another search item, and before the total imbalance caused by it became clear, and then the ones who didn't want to gamble on enhancements and upgrades left, followed by people who couldn't be bothered to replace the millions of troops wiped out because someone had been lucky, and got a huge range advantage, and the domains are now in a far worse state for active players than they were before the tr was introduced, is a good thing for the game play.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Meryl Davids View Post
    It was a strategy game that involved battles, it was fun then, now it is a glorified Farmville where you have your bots continually searching for cards and your troops continually autobarbing. That is not the way the game was intended to be played and certainly wasn't when the game started.

If you think that spending months to build an army, virtual or not, only to have it wiped out by someone who has spent maybe a day building the troops that do it, because the game has been made so imbalanced, is a laugh, then turn off your throne and call someone with a high amount of range a chicken, see if you still think it is funny then.

I don't have range, so I have a strategy to annoy people who have got it either by luck or General credit cards help, that is to sit back while the morons who think they are invincible destroy their troops which took them a long time to build. I don't even need to be in the game to do it, just drop in once a day to restart the barb raids.

I have fought in wars and battles, won some lost some, but no one really believes that the imbalance caused by the tr has enhanced the game play. It has ended real fighting completely. I might have a new strategy but it is totally defensive, I can't attack anyone who has 1% range and hope to get a good result. Let's be honest it has even stopped many people from reinforcing, because it would be suicide.

Now tell me that all those people who left the game, because they didn't want yet another search item, and before the total imbalance caused by it became clear, and then the ones who didn't want to gamble on enhancements and upgrades left, followed by people who couldn't be bothered to replace the millions of troops wiped out because someone had been lucky, and got a huge range advantage, and the domains are now in a far worse state for active players than they were before the tr was introduced, is a good thing for the game play.
    It's not good for game play if you don't like playing the game with all the facilities provided by the game be they upgrades to game play or offers to buy stuff to expand/increase the level of the game you are currently playing at.
    I get it Meryl, I really do, some people don't like the game any more because of this that or the other (it really doesn't matter what).
    I don't like a lot of stuff in the game (mainly because I don't understand it) now, there were things I didn't like about the game before the TR. The point I'm making and you are failing to see is, although you and maybe a lot of others don't like something doesn't give you any right to say that others who perhaps do like what you don't shouldn't have what you don't like.
    Hey, I didn't like the fact that folks could build MM to win tourneys and then suicide them on my walls afterwards, but it happened. I didn't like a lot of things but they were part and parcel of the game I was playing at the time so I either accepted that or I left...Eventually I did leave but because I became bored with watching a clock tick down.
    I got based many times. Sometimes by loud mouthed children who believed in their own way they were doing some real damage to me somehow. I rebuilt. When I got tired of watching the KoC clock ticking down and realising the game was becoming more and more cash orientated, I left and left nothing of worth behind for the vultures who spent most of their time in hiding waiting for the opportunity of easy pickings.
    Am I bitter? Not in the slightest.
    Do I care if people are using all the facets of the game and I can't understand half of them? No not one bit
    Do I wish the game hadn't evolved to a point where I didn't understand it? Of course I do.
    Would I want the game devolved to a stage where I could play? No that would be selfish in the extreme.

IMHO, You really need to step away from the keyboard Meryl and take a good look at what this game is doing to you, because from where I'm standing it's doing you no good at all.

Advanced Member
    Botulism you bring up some very good points tbh this game was much better before it evolved into a cash grab but one thing I would like to add that people seem to not get is this. Games die especially open ended games like KoC. The only reason the original games like Evony and other still run is very simply the game play is still engaging and its stable. I have seen many players from these games come to KoC see what a wreck it is and leave. I have also seen people from KoC leave for Evony for the only reason that its stable and playable. The constant changes are a feeble attempt by Kabam to increase/retain its player base on the flawed idea of new content = new players. They are simply dead wrong. I personally see the benefits the TR has brought to the game while the feelings have been mixed I generally think it was a good idea. The upgrade/enhance is where I see the problem and they could change it but in their eyes that costs them money so it will probably never happen. The reason KoC is dying has nothing to do with bots or TR its dying because as Botulism said everyone is tired of watching a clock count down. They could roll back all the changes and people would find things to piss and moan about.
    Welcome to Kingdoms of Trollalot

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Sexton View Post
    Botulism you bring up some very good points tbh this game was much better before it evolved into a cash grab but one thing I would like to add that people seem to not get is this. Games die especially open ended games like KoC. The only reason the original games like Evony and other still run is very simply the game play is still engaging and its stable. I have seen many players from these games come to KoC see what a wreck it is and leave. I have also seen people from KoC leave for Evony for the only reason that its stable and playable. The constant changes are a feeble attempt by Kabam to increase/retain its player base on the flawed idea of new content = new players. They are simply dead wrong. I personally see the benefits the TR has brought to the game while the feelings have been mixed I generally think it was a good idea. The upgrade/enhance is where I see the problem and they could change it but in their eyes that costs them money so it will probably never happen. The reason KoC is dying has nothing to do with bots or TR its dying because as Botulism said everyone is tired of watching a clock count down. They could roll back all the changes and people would find things to piss and moan about.
    You're not wrong, people do not get it at all.
    The game has become (for far too many) an extension of their personalities and any changes to the game are viewed as a direct affront to them personally.
    As I said to Meryl ...step away from the keyboard for a while and reclaim your life back....whether she'll listen is another matter...
    Last edited by Botulism; 05-24-2012 at 06:30 AM. Reason: to include that which I missed off by hitting the wrong key!(the bold bit...lol)

Banned
    THIS IS WHAT WE THE PEOPLE know about the TR !!!!!!

1. MAX FOUR ATTEMPTS TO ENHANCE PER HOUR !

higher levels 3 times an hour .

2. THEY SAY IT IS FREE FOR EVERYONE SO THAT MAKES IT FAIR !

gem buyers can attempt up to 45 to 55 times an hour !

3. IT IS NOT UNCOMMON TO HAVE UPWARDS OR OVER 200 FAILS !

we have numbers as high as 400 fails and other who say they have gotten it in under 100 . So for Math sake and to keep Trolls happy we will go with 100 fails per level per item !

At 50 attempts per hour the gem buying bot user can up a level on an item in 2 hours .

At the max attempts for non gem buyer assuming they can sit and click the mouse for 12 out of the 24 hours in day (ya right) it would take them just over 4 days to upgrade one item from rare to epic !!! That is at 12 hours of clicking !

2 hours compared to 4 days that is messed up tell me they are not selling the TR slot Machine .

4. THE GAME IS A MATH BASED BATTLE SYSTEM !

so when 150 archers can kill 200 K cats AND another 400 k archers you can no longer use your smarts and experience to win a war you must rely on the ones with big big TR !

5 . SOONER THAN LATER IT WILL BE JUST A SMALL % OF PLAYERS WHO ARE ABLE TO ATTACK AND THE OTHERS WILL JUST BE THEIR PLAY TOYS .

How long do you guys think that will last ? O wait it is already emptying out domains OLD and NEW faster than they can open them

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Social links