+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

best way to gain power

hi, quick question reguarding power. how do u gain power and what is the most efficient way to gain it. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ahazin View Post
    hi, quick question reguarding power. how do u gain power and what is the most efficient way to gain it. thanks
    You gain Power by building structures in your City and Fields and by training troops to build your army. At some point, when you have built all of your structures, it will come down to training troops. This is where the bulk of your Power will come from. We then move on to the question of what units and strategy is the most efficient? There are a few different answers to this question. Firstly, do you plan on buying Rubies or not? Secondly, do you mean Power rating or actual effectiveness, because one does not at all accurately represent the other.

If you plan to spend no Rubies and want to gain Power rating (the actual number) as fast as possible, Conscripts are the absolute best unit to train. They are VERY squishy in battle, but if you want pure, raw Power rating, you will gain it more than 2 times faster than if you train any other unit.

If you are talking practical power (effectiveness) of your army, that's a whole other can of worms with some variables. If you are going to be an aggressive attacker or an offensive/defensive defender, then you want to focus on different units. If you are more interested in this kind of power, I'll share what i feel is very efficient and effective.

how about a little better guide to building your base.

In your city build 10-13 garrisons, the more you build the faster your troops training times per individual unit built goes down.
    build 7 homes, you need a bit of idle population to build troops and make gold.
    upgrading your homes and garrisons gives you power.

Preferably get 1 garrison upto lvl 9 asap and your buildings necessry for minotaurs/battle dragons built first.
    in your field build mostly lumber mills and mines for ore/metal and wood is needed greatly for troops to be built.

get enough minotaurs say about 200-400 and attack level 1 anthropous camps to get your food when you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Howards View Post
    .. in your field build mostly lumber mills and mines for ore/metal and wood is needed greatly for troops to be built...
    I wouldnt say anywhere near "mostly." Be careful of how many mills, mines, and quarries you build initially or you will find yourself stuck waiting for a lot of Mass Nullifiers later on to get rid of them. By mid-game youll find you are farming more than enough of these from raids and are over your production capacity (as in you can only produce up to 8mil but currently have 10mil so production is halted). That will make them useless buildings taking up space that you could have farms in to offset the massive food deficit being eaten by your troops. Good planning in your fields early makes a much easier transition later on.
    ~ Ogres are NOT nice and cuddly. Deal with it... I do apologize for the smell though.

My posts are color sensitive: Ogre Hat / [COLOR="red"]Moderator Hat[/COLOR]
    ~* DRAGONOMICON (The DoA Players Handbook) *~

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddnawt Mettlehead View Post
    I wouldnt say anywhere near "mostly." Be careful of how many mills, mines, and quarries you build initially or you will find yourself stuck waiting for a lot of Mass Nullifiers later on to get rid of them. By mid-game youll find you are farming more than enough of these from raids and are over your production capacity (as in you can only produce up to 8mil but currently have 10mil so production is halted). That will make them useless buildings taking up space that you could have farms in to offset the massive food deficit being eaten by your troops. Good planning in your fields early makes a much easier transition later on.
    Yet it's pointless to have too many farms, when you get up and around 4mil power which comes fast, having farms cuts an 80million food reduction to 79.3 mil and desnt end up helping you too much either way.

But don't only train conscripts or once all of them die your power will plummet. You should probaly keep the conscripts at about maybe 2k then begin training everybody else. Then you can throw all your conscripts to a lvl 3 anthropus camp and hope they don't die

note for every one if your food is zero its because your army is to big and taking up all your food so you need to kill them off

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qirat76 View Post
    note for every one if your food is zero its because your army is to big and taking up all your food so you need to kill them off
    not sure if your serious or not, my food consumption is -25million and food is never an issue for me.

OT, you dont want to build too many farms, or any spots in your fields. between 3-7 of each is enough, after a while once your army is built up a bit you wont need them other than for research purposes (you neeed a lv 10 of each for all researches). with houses and garrisons, you need enough garrisons to train troops fast, but after you do get your Ops you wont need the garrisons in your city as much, so its up to you how you want to balance this. personally i have 7 garrisons and 13 houses in my city - although most people have the opposite.

everyone will tell you different things as to what to train to build up fastest, but longbowmen are the easiest and fastest to train early on to get your Ops started. other than that its all down to personal preference of what you should train, theres no right or wrong way to do it.

Build level 10 vault. Helps keep food at 3 million w'out being consumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelkahn View Post
    You gain Power by building structures in your City and Fields and by training troops to build your army. At some point, when you have built all of your structures, it will come down to training troops. This is where the bulk of your Power will come from. We then move on to the question of what units and strategy is the most efficient? There are a few different answers to this question. Firstly, do you plan on buying Rubies or not? Secondly, do you mean Power rating or actual effectiveness, because one does not at all accurately represent the other.

If you plan to spend no Rubies and want to gain Power rating (the actual number) as fast as possible, Conscripts are the absolute best unit to train. They are VERY squishy in battle, but if you want pure, raw Power rating, you will gain it more than 2 times faster than if you train any other uni

If you are talking practical power (effectiveness) of your army, that's a whole other can of worms with some variables. If you are going to be an aggressive attacker or an offensive/defensive defender, then you want to focus on different units. If you are more interested in this kind of power, I'll share what i feel is very efficient and effective.
    will it help if i buy rubies to gain power and how,. im dying for power fast and effectively

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Social links