+ Reply to Thread

Offensive Strategy Help needed!!!!!!

I need help with my offensive strategy. I can destroy bases 75% of my lvl with 1 maybe 2 warps but i cant destroy bases my lvl or higher with 2 warps because after 2 warps it goes into damage protection. My tech lab is currently lvl 6 and all the units are lvl 2-6 atleast. I need tips for destroying higher leveled bases.

My first warp 6 Rhinos
    3 Hornets
    1 Pulse Tank
    5 specters

My second warp gate if needed 2 Terraknors
    3 Specters

Expert Member
    what level are you, and what level bases are you attacking? also - L5 warp gate?

if the bases you're attacking has turrets tech level above L6 or L7, that might explain your difficulties.

for your 1st warp, i would replace the hornets with rhinos or bombas. also, L6 warp doesn't take that long to build, so I would do that too.

Sorry no real tips with low level troops you will always struggle with taking bases at your level all you can do is keep upgrading your warp gate and tech lab. Concentrate your research on a few units and not all of them e.g specters and rhinos work very well together. Pulse tanks and Terraknors are not very useful early on as they take up a lot of space on your warps so i wouldn't use them.

For your first warp, you might want to replace the pulse with specters or rhinos, so that you can "fight all the way" and not have to retreat early.

also, it is far better to have L6 rhinos and L6 specters, and everything else L1, rather than L5 rhinos, specters, hornets, pyros, etc.

BTW, have you considered shrike technology? It's something that many non-plat players use, all the way until they're L2k or L3k+, before they have collected enough free pulse cores.

Also, consider holding two warp spaces in reserve untill the end and then lay in a few raiders. That way if you know you aren't going to win, you might as well take as many resources as possible.

My tech lab is currently lvl 6 and all the units are lvl 2-6 atleast. I need tips for destroying higher leveled bases.

Unit level is very important. There is a big difference between having a level 2 unit and a level 6 unit. Pick one or two and focus on getting them up.

You want to focus on having your CC as high as possible, so that you can have your tech lab as high as possible, and silos, and warpgate, these are the most important buildings in the game. All of the troops have their uses - specters take a while to research, 14 days a pop starting at level 8 if I'm not mistaken, whereas Shrikes only take 7 days later on {same for Hornets, which actually have the highest damage rating per warp space used out of all the mechs excluding Pulse Tanks of course}. I'm only really talking about the high levels here though; I honestly can't remember the times it took for 2-6, or even 7 or 8 for most of my research. I've been playing this game for too long...

Anyway, the most important building in the game is debatable. Your defenses only do so much, and if you ever need to farm up resources you should be able to throw up a shield and just hit factions for it. As you get stronger you'll be able to get resources faster. Therefore, it is better to focus on your command center, and your warpgate. Some prefer to focus on their tech lab and I can't blame them - it's faster than the warpgate {WG has the longest wait times if you didn't notice} and allows you to continue researching things as you level up other stuff. Right now on my colony I can't research my bombas to 11 because my CC is stuck at 10 because I don't want to wait the 30 days for level 11 on both of them.

Go get an A1 and research your bomba to lvl 9 to clear enemy of maybe 1.5 to 2 times times higher lvl than you.

You will be able to clear enemy of about your lvl if you have lvl 9 of good troops like rhino, spec, shrike or disruptor

Personally as a Non plat player I use only shrikes and upgrade shrikes level as high as possible, I usually send in only 25 level 7 (and counting) shrikes in the first warp, which clears out the turrets but this is only for player base that need 2 warps. Second warp I would send in a few raiders to double some resources For one warp I would still send in shrikes, or if I want to beat this lower level because of some random reason I would send in 50 marine. Usually only 8 die anyway. So much for sacrifice of 10k marines.

+ Reply to Thread

Social links