+ Reply to Thread

Did You Know that..? (Tips & Tricks)

I thought that a thread that users share their tips and tricks would be quite useful to many others. I will start with some of my own.
    P.S: Less trolling and more tricks please! :}

Did you know that...

...an A1 base’s shield adds defensive levels to both bases of a player, BUT when the shield is up (meaning you didn’t destroy the a1 shield) it also adds to the experience gained from that base?
    –for example if a 400 players base gives normally 200k xp, but the shield adds him say, 200+ levels, you would instead gain around 300 k xp (Made up the numbers but you get what ı mean)

Advanced Member
    Did you know you can transfer resources between your Aurora 1 base and your main base by clicking on your Supply Depots in either? You can also transfer troops in the same fashion by clicking on your warp gate. Each transfer costs a warp.

Here are a few I thought I would share. Remember these are my opinions and I am by no means an expert.

Attacking:
    1) Split up ruptors at the beginning of the battle. Turrets like Tesla Towers and X-1 Cannons damage multiple units at once. So if your units are all positioned together they all receive the damage in a single shot.

2) When attacking with the Rhino and Spec combo drop 3 or 4 Rhinos in and a pack of Specs. Remember to leave extra space for another hand full or Rhinos. As the Rhinos die off slowly drop 2 more in at a time to protect the group of Specs. Also always remember to leave 2 spaces for 1 final Spec to take out the CC. Units rarely attack how you want them to.

3) When boosting on enemy alliances remember who you attacked or use the log. After a few minutes the enemy base will be rebuilding and the bases health will be severely decreased. You will lose a lot less units and still get the same xp. Just remember that after 2 attacks the enemy base will shield for 30 minutes after your second attack so time your boosts wisely.

4) Bombas. I have found it is best on HIGH level bases to drop them in small groups. Use this to drill a hole into the defence to reach the CC. If you drop them all at once they run all over the place and explode too far away from enemy turrets. If you drop them in 1 at a time they never get a chance to get close enough to towers to damage them very well.

Defence:

1) Protect your CC and Silos to protect your resources. Use your resource collectors as a perimeter barrier around your base so your long range guns can fire on the enemy troops before they can reach you.

2) I have found that just about everyone uses Shrikes these days. So, I put my X-1 Cannons the farthest out because I am going to assume that they are lazy and will drop them in all at 1 time. Your X-1 turrets utilise "Splash Damage" and will damage a ton of units in a single shot. (This would be a poor defence against Specs but no one uses them anyomore) I also hide my Tesla Towers behind my Concussion Turrets because Teslas have much less health.

Well I hope that helps. Good luck and kill their faces off.

Advanced Member
    Did you know that when you press F4 it closes the window/windows?
    I was going to have my signature move but they don't let that happen.

:P

Incendiary turrets target units who have yet to receive incendiary burning. Therefore, it is better to swarm them with marines or shrikes or some other easily-made-and-relatively-cheap unit to destroy them. The same could be said of concussion turrets.

In the same line of defense boosts from the Aurora-1 Shield Generator, if the attacking player is lower than your total defense level with the boost, they will get maximum resources from your base, because they are lower level than you, technically. Therefore, it may not always be wise to full-time the shield generator.

For those of you with more money than sense, you can get a "discount" on some items that exceed two weeks. For example, level 9 warpgate has "Buy Now" for 892 platinum (assuming you have all of the necessary resources), or you can wait 20 days and 20 hours on it. Now, take 600 (the price of a 14d acc), and add 425 to it (the price of a 7d acc, to finish off the upgrade). That's 1025 platinum -- almost 200 more than the "Buy Now" option... The level 11 warpgate, assuming you have all of the resources and required items, is somewhere along the lines of 1.5k platinum. Note: It's a 37 day wait. You do the math on that one... Just saying, for those of you out there willing to spend money on this game, it may be wiser to simply save and buy a lot at one time, rather than little bits here & there. That's what I've come to learn, in the almost one-year that I've been playing...

Most a-1 bases are generally un/under defended. They might not have a lot of buildings, but a high level base can actually give decent exp (with minimal losses!)

If you can't defend your base (because there's always more people above you no matter your level), you can just troll their boosts. We all know that units get a damage and speed boost when all the defender's towers are destroyed. If you put a tower on each of the four corners of your territory, the attacking force will have to go after your main defence THEN the four corner towers, delaying the boost and adding 15-30 secs to the attack. It won't stop people from attacking you, but it can annoy the heck out of anyone

Try and upgrade your tech lab as soon as possible, so you wont get stuck waiting for an upgrade to finish BEFORE you start upgrading the tech lab BEFORE you can upgrade a unit. Time is money, boys and girls.
    In addition, don't forget to check your resource cap before you save for something big

Very rarely, Kabam will "loosen the slots" for one day. By "loosening it" they rig it so that the big prizes are more likely to come out. I think the last time they did it was in December or January. Not sure why (Christmas or as a reward for them messing something up big time), but they usually announce it by message before hand.

If you save all your tokens for this day, you can score big. If you see the announcement message saying that better prizes are more likely available on Zoot for one day, even if you're a virulent anti-platter,I'd suggest you get the cheapest plat pack and load up on zoot tokens and play it that day.

Here is another one;

If you have an A1 and using bombas, you can farm pretty nice U with just 2 bombas? Helio 500 has a weak spot right in the center (behind the U mines) Drop a bomba there, and the half of the mines will be destroyed, next: Drop another bomba right to the south west cornet of the CC, and the other mines will be destroyed.
    This simple attack will give you 3.300.000 U
    Note: You may have to use more bombas than 2 depending on your level & bombas level (But you will still be using much less than what you get in the end)
    Note2: Since you can use trick every 5 mins or so, spending a few warps will make sure you wont get outa U anytime soon. So, highly recommended.

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob_57VSHM7 View Post
    Here is another one;

If you have an A1 and using bombas, you can farm pretty nice U with just 2 bombas? Helio 500 has a weak spot right in the center (behind the U mines) Drop a bomba there, and the half of the mines will be destroyed, next: Drop another bomba right to the south west cornet of the CC, and the other mines will be destroyed.
    This simple attack will give you 3.300.000 U
    Note: You may have to use more bombas than 2 depending on your level & bombas level (But you will still be using much less than what you get in the end)
    Note2: Since you can use trick every 5 mins or so, spending a few warps will make sure you wont get outa U anytime soon. So, highly recommended.
    Now ... Drop afew more in the center of the 500 Helio until the CC is gone for more U. In total ? 4.25 Uranium
    Same trick can be done for Helio 750

+ Reply to Thread

Liens sociaux