Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Razia View Post
    [COLOR="#FF8C00"] It was instead designed to give free items as a bonus for collecting from Rackets. Free items. Just for playing. And now everyone is saying that the free items they are now getting are not good enough? I'm not saying you need to agree with every patch we ever make (I know there are some that I personally don't agree with too), but please realize what you are complaining about before you write your reply and click post.[/COLOR]
    Razia please PM me your real life address, I want to send you a shit sandwich. Wait, what do you mean that you don't want it? It's free!

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Vinny View Post
    I havent won anything since the patch released...not only did you swap out the prizes for horrible items even the horrible items are impossible to win now.
    Not true, I've been playing non stop for nine hours and earlier today I won a level 2 Fedora worth $2400 to go with the other 17 I have. 3x cash bonus would of been a better prize... hang on no it wouldn't I don't need cash.

[COLOR="#FF8C00"]I have read all the replies in this thread and honestly, there's not much more I can say on this topic. A decision was made by the team to change the items given. These items are still free and obtained in the same way as before. In retrospect, if the items were like this from the beginning, perhaps this would have been better as you wouldn't feel like we're unfairly taking something away. Unfortunately as I said before, sometimes you don't know how a feature is going to impact the game until it's actually implemented.

Our goal is not to continually screw over the non-payers (despite what you guys may believe), but I'm going to be honest in saying that some decisions are based on money-- I guarantee this to be the case with any free-to-play game out there. Money is how a game like this stays alive-- for non-paying players and paying ones alike. If this game made no money, no one would be able to play it.

This feature, however, was not designed to make a whole lot of money. It was instead designed to give free items as a bonus for collecting from Rackets. Free items. Just for playing. And now everyone is saying that the free items they are now getting are not good enough? I'm not saying you need to agree with every patch we ever make (I know there are some that I personally don't agree with too), but please realize what you are complaining about before you write your reply and click post.[/COLOR]
    Razia i have read many posts and i have seen you few replies. all that seem to try to manipulate what people are saying to work towards your benefit and once you seem to be overwhelmed with negative responses u post something like this?

Firstly i saw a post about dieing servers. seems to me that person was trying to show Kabam that they are losing alot of players. you ignore his whole reason and say something like merging servers. that doesnt elminate the fact that players are quiting just puts more active players on a single server.

Secondly i have played many games and sure all games are gonna have their bugs. cant argue with that. but its true that kabam seems more interested in putting new things into the game than fixing old things.

and furthermore. i had liked the racket mini game. it was fun. it was finally a chance for me to get useful items. you try to tell us that you never know how something might affect the game until implemented. well guess what it affected the game positively. so dont you mean to say how it affects your diamond sales or kabam's pockets. and that is utter rubbish. all new patches should have been tested. i have never seen another game that implements it into the actual game without testing it before hand. so they can take it away when it doesnt work how they wanted?. seems that u are paid to lie to us. you didnt remove lower speedups. u removed higher ones. u changed the rate of winning items of value. before you try to tell us how we should realize what we are righting befor replying. i think you need to do that yourself

Advanced Member
    Again... paying player. Don't really mind either way about the racket games... wasn't really winning anyway. However, I agree Kabam has hosed the free player here. I'm very sorry, Razia, I know your job is probably very taxing, and hard to deal with. You get a lot of heat for something that's mostly out of your hands. But what basically happened here was someone offered a child a cake... and just as the child got to touch it, and have a bit of the frosting, that person threw it away, and said "Here, have this bologna sandwich instead. It's still food."

You're the forum PR person. In this situation, you should either stay silent, OR you should be apologizing to the customer for what is clearly not your fault (because someone has to)... and NOT telling them they are being ungrateful. That's not good customer relations.

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoey Marie View Post
    But what basically happened here was someone offered a child a cake... and just as the child got to touch it, and have a bit of the frosting, that person threw it away, and said "Here, have this bologna sandwich instead. It's still food."
    Except that in some instances the child paid for the cake and in turn received a baloney sandwich. Basically a bait and switch scheme. Let's imagine a scenario where someone without a Brooklyn is in crew chat and his mates are typing:

'awesome, 1 hr speed up again!', 'yeah, i've gotten two 8 hours speed ups and 1000 butchers', 'same but also a 24 hour and i heard joe got the 2.5 day one'.

At this point our hypothetical individual becomes compelled to purchase a Brooklyn deed under the pretense that the money spent will be more than worth it in the bonus items, and frequency thereof, the slot machines are awarding. Fast forward a day or two and 3 out of the 4 best speed ups are removed and the win rate is significantly reduced.

At some point Kabam's little bait and switch schemes crossover into a breach of contract. Obviously they will attempt to stand behind the beta claim, but guess what? On Kabam's blog, a few months ago, one of the posts proudly proclaimed that the game was out of beta. Of course that claim has since been erased from the original post but it is archived in a public repository.

Advanced Member
    Razia,

The odd thing is that player response to the "initial version" of slots was overwhelmingly POSITIVE. This makes it difficult to imagine how the change was negatively impacting the game: except (as many others have said) that it was giving out too many free items (which people had previously been paying for); and hence was costing Kabam! too much money.

I think most of us who play the game realize that Kabam! has to cater to the paying players. They're the ones who keep the servers running. The infuriating thing is that most of the changes that your "team" makes seem to anger not only free players, but also those who buy diamonds in quantity. For instance, I haven't heard a single diamond player on my server say: "Boy, this new patch they installed on 3/26 sure is awesome for us, glad Kabam did it! It's going to encourage me to play more and spend more!"

Moreover, it seems that many of your team's decisions, while perhaps generating some quick, short term cash flow, hurt the financial viability of the game in the long term. Yes, they get people to drop some $$$ on diamonds initially, but very quickly they throw the game so far out of balance that your investors quit in droves. I suspect (though obviously, I can't know for sure) that the reason you keep rolling out "scheme after scheme" is because your "team" realizes there's very little sustainability in your current gaming model. So you're "grasping at straws" (if you will) ... dreaming up "the next big thing" that will lead to another quick influx of diamond income to keep the game alive.

With respect, I believe if you listened to some of the advice being provided by your veteran players (whether they be pay, free or someplace in between) and worked WITH us to develop a game that was fun and challenging for everyone OVER THE LONG TERM, you'd likely end up with a much stronger business model. One that DOESN'T depend on quick influxes of cash from the latest "barn burner" offer, shiny new unit etc.

We realize that Kabam! is a business, we want to be part of building a strong business model for you (as well as a fun game for us); but it's clear from 95% of the comments posted on the fora that most players feel like Kabam! is not interested in having us be part of that partnership, except at the point of purchase where we swipe the plastic.

[COLOR="#FF8C00"]I have read all the replies in this thread and honestly, there's not much more I can say on this topic. A decision was made by the team to change the items given. These items are still free and obtained in the same way as before. In retrospect, if the items were like this from the beginning, perhaps this would have been better as you wouldn't feel like we're unfairly taking something away. Unfortunately as I said before, sometimes you don't know how a feature is going to impact the game until it's actually implemented.

Our goal is not to continually screw over the non-payers (despite what you guys may believe), but I'm going to be honest in saying that some decisions are based on money-- I guarantee this to be the case with any free-to-play game out there. Money is how a game like this stays alive-- for non-paying players and paying ones alike. If this game made no money, no one would be able to play it.

This feature, however, was not designed to make a whole lot of money. It was instead designed to give free items as a bonus for collecting from Rackets. Free items. Just for playing. And now everyone is saying that the free items they are now getting are not good enough? I'm not saying you need to agree with every patch we ever make (I know there are some that I personally don't agree with too), but please realize what you are complaining about before you write your reply and click post.[/COLOR]

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Cannoli View Post
    With respect, I believe if you listened to some of the advice being provided by your veteran players (whether they be pay, free or someplace in between) and worked WITH us to develop a game that was fun and challenging for everyone OVER THE LONG TERM, you'd likely end up with a much stronger business model. One that DOESN'T depend on quick influxes of cash from the latest "barn burner" offer, shiny new unit etc.
    And therein lies the problem. Kabam's executives are not looking at the long term viability of the business model; no they are looking for a quick cash out before the market's fascination for companies that offer these types of games withers away and dies. There is no doubt in my mind that the executives and board are looking at Zynga's 9.5 billion dollar market capitalization and doing whatever it takes to scale their finances to mimick, albeit at a smaller scale, their chief competitor. It's no coincidence that the most recently hired CFO 'has led creation of $1B in shareholder value at exit for shareholders – driving successful outcomes in all 3 of his full-time roles through a combination of IPO and acquisition.'

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDiGGy View Post
    All safes suck!!!!! No one wants them...everyone easily gets these items in a few hours...put all speed ups in rackets please...if you want, get rid of the cash bonus, no one needs cash either.......how can you already screw up one of the best things you have ever done?
    Think you forgot to take the last speed up out of each and replace with 3x's cash!!!!

God forbid you allow players to obtain a useful item for FREE!!!!

When whoever it was begins precedings on that class action count me in!!!

yeah razia, i'm sure getting people to significantly increase the amount of time the spend playing the game everyday would really hurt the long term stability of the game... obviously the odds were a little too good, but why do you have to go to the other extreme and make them a complete waste of time. and seriously, what is up with you guys and the cash bonuses? the amount that you make them for is so out of tune with the game. From a third neighborhood racket giving you $900 to the $100k you win for leveling up to level 49 it makes absolutely no sense - even if it were $1mil it would be completely insignificant to someone at that level. Sometimes I wonder if you guys even play your own games...

Yo fix this crap, get rid of the stupid safes just lower the win % not both assholes. And get rid of the automatic opening of battle reports, I like to send out like 30 attacks at gangs non stop and you're really slowing me down.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Liens sociaux