+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    i'm like wamba, i got lucky and had a rare table with 2 different ranges on it. now wamba has 48% but i spent half the gems he/she did and in 2 days i'm 62% range. all those gems you spent wamba would be wasted against me, all b/c i'm luckier than you are. to me that sounds like crap, you sound like you've worked 10 times harder than me, but i can come along and base you in a matter of mins. And no one give me the "well thats the way this game goes"...it used to be about dedication and hard work, now it's literally pulling a lever and you might get lucky. I don't like the way this TR thing is going, it's not even about spending the most money to get an upperhand, THATS how this game works, not lucky spins of the wheel. Also, someone in my alliance has literally spent thousands of gems and they have a measly 12% range, nothing will upgrade for him. Not much bang for the buck there.

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bamaman View Post
    i'm like wamba, i got lucky and had a rare table with 2 different ranges on it. now wamba has 48% but i spent half the gems he/she did and in 2 days i'm 62% range. all those gems you spent wamba would be wasted against me, all b/c i'm luckier than you are. to me that sounds like crap, you sound like you've worked 10 times harder than me, but i can come along and base you in a matter of mins. And no one give me the "well thats the way this game goes"...it used to be about dedication and hard work, now it's literally pulling a lever and you might get lucky. I don't like the way this TR thing is going, it's not even about spending the most money to get an upperhand, THATS how this game works, not lucky spins of the wheel. Also, someone in my alliance has literally spent thousands of gems and they have a measly 12% range, nothing will upgrade for him. Not much bang for the buck there.
    You actually cannot come base me in minutes. Leading up to the last few posts (which I hijacked) we were discussing defenses that can soften the impact of range. You can win. If I am offline you can take my resources. But you cannot base me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wamba View Post
    You actually cannot come base me in minutes. Leading up to the last few posts (which I hijacked) we were discussing defenses that can soften the impact of range. You can win. If I am offline you can take my resources. But you cannot base me.
    well if all your troops are able to be killed then i assure you yes i can base you. obviously i was using your hard work and my luck as an example of how things can become skewed with the upgrade luck, not as a personal shot at your ability as a player.

Spending gems is no guarantee you will get upgrades or enhancements.

Advanced Member
    Hi All!

Sorry, took my Saturday to get some stuff done in rl and got in some good play all evening

Ive read the posts since this morning. I want to reiterate a few points once again.

This is NOT a perfect build, but its about the best I have been able to come up with after trying a few different ones over the last 2 years of playing. There is NO "perfect build" thats what makes this game so great, if there were, everyone would have it and no one would be interested in it at all.

Someone said some posts back that this build is dead, Im here to tell you its NOT. Ive been using it all evening. Its not keeping me just sitting here on defense as one person points out. Ive build back up my cav to 2.3 mil and am back up building cats once again and tomorrow Ill start building some more archers for any incoming pikes.

Ive now moved one of my cities on one of my servers to a spot right next to my main. Why? Simple, though I have been arguing for people to come up with something better I do actually listen and take suggestions. With this city right next to my main now I can QUICKLY transfer troops in and out of either city and doing what I need to do as far as what troops are in there. With 2.2 mil move capability, I can adjust what troops are in my main within minutes.

Im still attacking, Im still defending and Im still rfing, the same amount as I did before the TR. The only difference is now is that I am much more careful and have to really study the scouting reports before I do as opposed to just looking at it and saying..oh..I can take him

But most importantly, while all this attacking, defending and rfing is going on, I am STILL going out after these tr items and have been busy upgrading the ones I have with some pretty good success. The TR is NOT a game killer, it actually makes you think more than before instead of just being able to go and wipe someone out. Yeah Yeah..I know, "but someone with 50 million range will come in and kill you and theres nothing you can do, the game is dead!" Thats crap.

I had one player come in at me today with 27% range. Luckily I was on (yeah I know..Ill just wait till your off...getting old please dont) I managed to take out 250k cats of his and then some ballys and some rams. Lost alot, you bet I did, but sure enough, seeing that I wasnt such an easy target, what do you think happened? He went on to an easier target.

Ill come back and check again later on and if anyone has a better build/defense Ill be happy to respond, but I have a few hours so Im gonna go play!
    Again, FREE game, no one forces you to play it, no one forces you to pay ANYTHING for it. Kabam didnt steal your credit card and say PLAY AND PAY NOW! Everyone expects something for nothing here.

Expert Member
    one way to go for defense is to reinforce yourself with the cav to the city being attacked. if they send pults, put troops in sanctuary. if they send pikes, order troops to defend. Then you don't have to shuffle troops in and out, just click one button. you will even have time to swap throne room gear sets depending on how fast your attacker sends waves (usually they will not bombard you because they want to see reports in between waves).

you might even have time to go grab a beer or fix a snack

Banned
    I need you to post the flipside AP ... how to attack against range

Expert Member
    heh... therein lies the rub.

can't really do it

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wamba View Post
    heh... therein lies the rub.

can't really do it
    Wamba is right from everything I can see Alex. The only thing I am thinking right now is MAYBE trying some different enhancements on some HC. Getting heavy duty life, combat speed and some small range stats and defense MIGHT be a good attack. but cant say for sure until I can start testing this stuff out. Im working on it. Gonna take me a bit to build em since I now have to get my cavs built back up :P

On a side note, took out 200k cats today against cav with 35% range. Had a few cats in there and some ballys (small number) lost 550k cav doing it. (3:1) He left, Ill take it
    Again, FREE game, no one forces you to play it, no one forces you to pay ANYTHING for it. Kabam didnt steal your credit card and say PLAY AND PAY NOW! Everyone expects something for nothing here.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPollock View Post
    This buys you time to find those range items.

IMPORTANT NOTE! PLEASE...send your ballys, archers AND cats out barbing or to one of your feeder cities THAT IS NOT DEFENDING. If you have them in your main..THEY WILL DIE.

I hope this helps everyone out and evens the playing field a bit.

Dont mess with an ANGRYPOLLOCK! I will find a way to beat you!
    kabam controls the drop rates, i noticed it on the test domain i was in. domain 234 was a test domain, soon as they put the enhanced tr there the drop rates went to shyte. every other domain was dropping good stuff (and i was in 9). since the enhanced tr was put in the other domains drop rates have gone downhill. domain 162 isn't even dropping simples right now.

we took one item and brought it from simple to wondrous, upgrading along the way. got 28% range boost. cost, 4000 gems.

anyway, i can train cav forever and take the siege off the addicted credit card has no limit players, all well and good. but i won't be able to attack anyone.
    you can't even kill their scouts with your scouts. so whats the point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Social links