+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Base layout help needed!!!!!

Hi i need some tips for a base prefrably against : higher lvl players than myself as i get attacked by them alot, shrikes, ruptors, specs,pulse.

here is my current base :
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/7806058...in/photostream

I have a shield gen lvl 7 and lvl 8 base, thanks for any help

Upgrade all guns,teslsas particulary,keep telsas at the back then concussion turrets,gun turrets,x1's and incendiaries at the outer layer,but in the end of the day if someone has level 10 ruptors or shrikes doesnt matter how good ur defenses are unless u are level 10000 plusor have level 11 turrets.

Once you get your base to a high enough level, there are so many buildings/guns that it's almost impossible to strategically layout your base because of the limited space.
    Kabam doesn't care about their players!

Don't support a company that ignores there players!

DO NOT BUY IN-GAME CURRENCY

Don't play any Kabam games!

Jose's got a point - if a bully wants to roll over you, he'll roll over you. The most use I get from a good layout is against random faction attacks. I can take it if a player flattens me, but I hate it when some stupid AI does.

The key is balance. It's like chess - every turret should be able to support as much turrets as it can.
    Try to spread your turrets evenly. Have each side with more or less the same number of guns, concussions, splash cannons, teslas and flamethrowers.
    The point is to minimize any weak spots, because you don't know where they'll strike.
    Also, try to keep the short range guns interspersed between the long range ones. It'll help a lot against snipers.

For the other buildings, that's fine I guess. I like to keep a little distance between them and the turrets so I can fire more shots before the enemy troops get close

Expert Member
    In order of most important to least

1) Incindiary turrets are by a ridiculous margin the most powerful in the game. Keep them at the back where they can shoot while not being shot,

2) It's too condensed, spreading out a bit will make it much better against Pulse tanks and bombas, and only slightly worse vs shrikes/disruptors.

3) Some of the tesla towers should go in the middle too - they are very good damage, but low health. Put them in the middle, and have the rest of your turrets in a ring around your base. That way, the enemy troops will travel round the cricle, getting shot at by the teslas and incindiarys the whole time

4) Spread your buildings other than turrets out a bit as well. I have all of the resource generators and the factories,baracks etc at the very outside of my base. This is particularly effective against combinations of troops with very different range. Short range units will get close to the barracks to attack, and will thus get shot at by turrets and go to attack them, while the long ranged units end up destroying a significant length of your wall of useless buildings. Then when they attack, half the rhinos/whatever are dead and the two sets of units are in a different place.

Advanced Member
    most important defensive structure is the concussion turret, slows down their units, upgrade them and guys wont attack you when boosting cause it takes too long for them to wipe your base cause their units are always frozen and unable to move. but agreed above, unless you upgrade all to 11 and are lvl 10,000 you are going to be wiped, i am level 2500 and i wipe players with lvl 7500 up to 9700 at the moment, just gotta have lvl 11 tanks, and place your rhinos right to not burn your tanks and to keep them shielded :} hope my 2 cents helps you

Has anyone got a pick of their base asin gost or chump?

Expert Member
    http://google.com/search?q=%22the+alot%22

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Sousa View Post
    Upgrade all guns,teslsas particulary,keep telsas at the back then concussion turrets,gun turrets,x1's and incendiaries at the outer layer,but in the end of the day if someone has level 10 ruptors or shrikes doesnt matter how good ur defenses are unless u are level 10000 plusor have level 11 turrets.
    This is all assbackwards. Tell me this does work for you.

Expert Member
    Name:  base.gif
Views: 492
Size:  19.4 KB

lol, here's my base. I hope you can see it, these forums have extremely strict size requirements.

If you can see, there is a big line of scorchmarks in the top left, following my outer line of turrets. This shows how effective the tactic is - the enemy (shrikes in this case) follow the line of outer turrets, whilst being shot at by the inner turrets. My outer turrets alternate between single target (gun/concussion) and AoE (telsa/x1) when possible.

The corpses you see are from my most recent defense - a level 503 player attacked me twice (I'm level 390+246 from shield gen), sending a total of 16 bombas, 3 specters and 23 shrikes, he lost all those troops except 1 bomba and he didn't take out my cc.

My next plans are to add a bunch more turrets (I have some level 1 turrets sitting in the corners of my bases, I'm going to wait till they're level 4 to add them in - low level turrets in the main ring spread your good turrets out too much, making your base vulnerable to shrikes.) Then I'm going to upgrade my X1 turrets, which I have so far mostly avoided because I find they rarely do much damage, but boy do they have a lot of health.

As ghost points out, concussion turrets, when placed properly and combined with other turrets, can be game changing. That's why I put a couple in the centre of my base. I'm not convinced by his tactic of upgrading concussion turrets a lot - the damage they gain is less than if you upgraded a gun turret, they won't really ever have enough health to last any length of time being attacked, they barely even gain any range - level 1-8 gains them 50 range, whereas level 1-8 gun takes a lot less time and gains 125 range.

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Google User View Post
    Once you get your base to a high enough level, there are so many buildings/guns that it's almost impossible to strategically layout your base because of the limited space.
    layout -> lay out
    I beg to differ. Troops always target the nearest turret if not housing. When they breach the rim, this means unless all of your turrets are at the rim they will spend most of their time on the innermost against your command center. Those turrets will be gone swiftliest unless you jam them with healthladen buildings. The biggest shots would go on the rim, with long-range lures against the center so troops don't touch the rim. This doesn't work for bombas! Nonetheless you must set each ring (as in the Pentagon's) outside the range of disruptors, shrikes, specters, and bombas. The grid's pitch is 10; the smallest squares are 70 a side, then 100, 110, 130. Note the range of troops and the later levels' for cannons, specters, and bombas. My base when I was levels 250–450 has killed all shrikes, specters, and terraknors short of withdraws for nearly all players 100–200 levels above me, but now it fails for the few players who use level 9 shrikes or specters or level 8 terraknors and at least level 8 warp gate, or for the arsehole who sends level 6 bombas and spends 3–4 warps on my main and Aurora, or the other arsehole with Aurora and shrikes who spent 8 warps (I was online and got his Aurora.) on my two bases. (But he spent 8 warps and had heavy shrike losses so I won by funnihood.) Thanks to him (the bombadier), my base is in its fourth version where four stages are on the inside rather than sit helpleas on the rim. However he hasn't been back after that. It could be the new look, or he's boosted past my level range. My Aurora also has even rings and buffers to split troops; it's still early so it loses every time to hihher levels, but with heavy losses. Someone (wolffus on Antlia) 100 levels below me lost 1/2 pulse tanks (bad when they scatter), 16/16 specters, 4/6 disruptors on the first warp, and lost 2/4 disruptors and half shrikes the next warp when he won.
    Last edited by alysdexia; 03-20-2012 at 08:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Social links