• MVP

202 45.19%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New Mods

Quote Originally Posted by SEREGAX View Post
    time of posting: 17th Feb 2017, 9:10 AM PST

a small snippet from the /api/locales/en.xml file that you can find if you load the game with Inspection mode running in chrome (F12) under networking tab.

http://prntscr.com/e9zi39

let's see what Glenn's site has to say

http://prntscr.com/e9zpfn

also look for a file api/manifest/store_items.json file look for 50/50 jackpot within it. next to it you will find a timestamp. use it on http://www.epochconverter.com/ to see 50/50 timings. if you do it right now you will get the date-time of the last 50-50 sale but if you keep checking regularly you will see it change on the day when 50-50 is supposed to happen ( at least 8 hrs before it starts, maybe more. not sure)
    Flash sales you are better off knowing they exist on cycles and to check if RY posts something in the announcements. Checking the forums is actually the best way to know about 50s and 5 stars.
    Eight times Eight, minus Eight, Divided by Seven, Minus Eight = How much I respect you as a human being

http://gf5f.com

Advanced Member
    Wow, all the love in this thread, I just can't, lol.

So we have 5 nominees so far who actually want the job and have the community's support (MVP, Glenn, Killer Mama, Tubby, Teegee), then I guess it's RY's job to come up with a good mix of these players. I suggest the team to scroll through this wonderful thread of ours to decide what kind of mods we need or deserve.

Tbh I wish I could vote again cause I'm so team TeeGee. I also really like that I cannot tell from the comments who s/he is in game and where her loyalties lie and is mainly concerned with game issues not crew drama so I do think we would get a fair mod there.

Lastly, for all the fantasy world people: if you are in a competitive crew then at least one of your crew mates is most likely running a bot. If you have good competition on your server then you can tell who from reports as they are getting farmed daily. As many stated before the best way to fight the bots is to implement most of the features that made them popular.
    Right after the extremely outdated pvp set-up (mother of in-game boredom and forum drama) the 2nd biggest problem of the game is the terrible inventory management. Can we get a wise guy on the matter, pls?

Expert Member
    ''Cash me outside how bout dat''
    I didn't even know there was 188 people who played this game lol let alone visit forums
    You play Godfather Five Families ?
    Oh
    Tell me how that goes

I'm gonna be straight up honest here. It seems to me that this thread started with the best of intentions, but has somehow taken a few ugly turns, and at the end of the day has become of mockery of itself. Sad state of affairs really. Hopefully this game can get back on track soon, so we can have less pvp on the forums and more pvp events in-game to keep our combative interests geared up in the appropriate arena.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tubby View Post
    I'm gonna be straight up honest here. It seems to me that this thread started with the best of intentions, but has somehow taken a few ugly turns, and at the end of the day has become of mockery of itself. Sad state of affairs really. Hopefully this game can get back on track soon, so we can have less pvp on the forums and more pvp events in-game to keep our combative interests geared up in the appropriate arena.

We have more PVP on forums than in the game hehehe..

Quote Originally Posted by Kasumi Goto View Post
    Tbh I wish I could vote again cause I'm so team TeeGee. I also really like that I cannot tell from the comments who s/he is in game and where her loyalties lie and is mainly concerned with game issues not crew drama so I do think we would get a fair mod there.
    Thanks for the support! Means a lot as it sounds like you have a good handle on the realities of the game/forum as well.

I know why we did the poll, but I don’t place much value in it. I haven’t asked my crew, let alone my server, to come here to vote. I just wanted to see if I’d get any support on ideas/conversation alone. I’m actually kind of proud of my vote total (meager as it is), as I don’t think I know more than 2 of them personally. Of course maybe they just thought it was safe to throw away a vote on me and protect their real top picks lol.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tubby View Post
    You are 100% right. I suppose a requirement of any mod will also be a thick skin. No one should have to put up with straight up abuse, but sometimes players are going to get frustrated, try to instigate, and then, threads get sidetracked. We end up with unproductive discussions and a shit show.

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeGee View Post
    Thanks for the support! Means a lot as it sounds like you have a good handle on the realities of the game/forum as well.

I know why we did the poll, but I don’t place much value in it. I haven’t asked my crew, let alone my server, to come here to vote. I just wanted to see if I’d get any support on ideas/conversation alone. I’m actually kind of proud of my vote total (meager as it is), as I don’t think I know more than 2 of them personally. Of course maybe they just thought it was safe to throw away a vote on me and protect their real top picks lol.

You are 100% right. I suppose a requirement of any mod will also be a thick skin. No one should have to put up with straight up abuse, but sometimes players are going to get frustrated, try to instigate, and then, threads get sidetracked. We end up with unproductive discussions and a shit show.
    Maybe the hope here should be that whomever Rockyou puts in place as moderators has the tools with which to do the job. There have been a lot of comments/posts that are not within the guidelines for posting, but none of the current mods can do anything about all of the abuses. Raichoo changed their status a long time ago. It was discussed then, its been brought up a few times, but nothing changes. I've said that the forum needs moderators, but perhaps I should have said the forum needs moderators who have the tools with which to do the job. This seems to be the only forum where the moderator function was altered by Raichoo, and its the one that shows the most glaring evidence of no moderation.
    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions."

free info, no need to send me diamonds, vote for me, or put me in your crew:

Hey Boss,

It's time to get building! Wake up your construction crew for each day is a new beginning!

Between February 18th at 9:00 pm PST and February 20th at 9:00 pm PST, the Don is offering rewards for constructing on all your Neighborhoods.

When you Upgrade 12 Hideout to level 9, you'll win 1x Don's Decree +19 and 2x Don's Sanction (Limit 5)
    When you Upgrade 10 Hideout to level 14, you'll win 1x Don's Decree +20 and 1x Don's Permit (Limit 5)
    When you Upgrade 9 Hideout to level 16, you'll win 1x Don's Decree +21 and 1x Don's Permit Bundle (Limit 3)
    When you Upgrade 8 Hideout to level 19, you'll win 1x Confidential file (Limit 1)
    When you Upgrade 7 Hideout to level 21, you'll win 2x Don's Assent (Limit 1)

Prizes will be distributed by March 1st at 9:00 pm PST.

At this time there will be no rewards for upgrading other buildings above the limit mentioned.

Those Buildings ain't gonna Upgrade themselves. So, what are you waiting for, Touch the Skies!

You will have until February 20th at 9:00 pm PST to participate in this Hiedout Build-a-Thon.

--The Godfather: Five Families

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Mama View Post
    Maybe the hope here should be that whomever Rockyou puts in place as moderators has the tools with which to do the job. There have been a lot of comments/posts that are not within the guidelines for posting, but none of the current mods can do anything about all of the abuses. Raichoo changed their status a long time ago. It was discussed then, its been brought up a few times, but nothing changes. I've said that the forum needs moderators, but perhaps I should have said the forum needs moderators who have the tools with which to do the job. This seems to be the only forum where the moderator function was altered by Raichoo, and its the one that shows the most glaring evidence of no moderation.
    Tell em about the script Hitman in your crew injects to crew purchase Burn Notices before CVB events... You should moderate your own crew before you try anyone else

They are wanting a moderator not for forum cussing and petty crap, but for REAL cheaters like your gang.

Many can vouch for the bots some of your crew uses, the turnament watcher that scans all RP put up instantaneous so you can know exactly how much to put up with seconds to go, the crap and cheats that kill servers and run people off. You have a monster account, and still cut every corner you all can for that "edge". Your money will soon be wasted when they cut these hacks back, or just shut the game down due to lack of actives. Enjoy.

You want the game to fizzle out like a cheap firework?? Go ahead, vote for someone who exploits every glitch she can.
    Last edited by Noob_66DXFBJ; 02-17-2017 at 01:15 PM.

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob_66DXFBJ View Post
    Tell em about the script Hitman in your crew injects to crew purchase Burn Notices before CVB events... You should moderate your own crew before you try anyone else

They are wanting a moderator not for forum cussing and petty crap, but for REAL cheaters like your gang.

Many can vouch for the bots some of your crew uses, the turnament watcher that scans all RP put up instantaneous so you can know exactly how much to put up with seconds to go, the crap and cheats that kill servers and run people off. You have a monster account, and still cut every corner you all can for that "edge". Your money will soon be wasted when they cut these hacks back, or just shut the game down due to lack of actives. Enjoy.
    First, I don't answer for what another player does, only for what I do. you are attacking me on the forum because you are angry and hostile on server. As for my account, If Rockyou would like to examine my account, I welcome it. If you take issue with another player, fine, you know where the help button is, and you know how to fill out the form for support. You are out of line posting server issues here, as stated in the forum rules.
    One more time, Rockyou is more than welcome into my account any time of the night or day that they'd like to go check things out. As for you noob, you should pay more attention to the things you're doing, instead of pointing fingers. Your own backyard is getting messier by the moment, and harrassment is unbecoming. Take care with your own things, and start filing tickets like you should.
    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast