Description - A knight that can be deployed into a foreign alliance that allows the owner of the Knight to read the alliance reports/receive alliance emails/get into alliance chat rooms/get emails sent only to officers and/or protect and identify foreign spies in your cities.
Requirements: Players must purchase the Mordred Suit of Armor. This armor allows cities with level 10 Taverns to appoint 1 Master Spy. In the tavern you can select what it is you want the spy to do (Intelligence Gather or Counter Intelligence) In order to be a spy a knight must have 75 Intelligence, 75 Combat, 75 Resourcefulness and 75 Political.
How it Works:
Intelligence Gather - Intelligence gathering is done my marching your knight to a foreign city and that knight must be in that city at least 24 hours without being detected. The longer the knight is in the city the better its reports become. You must select from the following options of what it is you want the knight to do.
1. Gather General Information - The easiest for knight to do, low risk of being caught. You get a report every 24 hours on members in the alliance you are spying on. Items like last log on date, number of cities and locations of cities (Not misted)
2. Steal Alliance Reports- You can see the reports of the player of where the spy is located, then over time you can start seeing alliance reports from members, officers, vice chancellor and Chancellor. The risk of detection is a low/medium of detection.
3. Steal Alliance Communications - You can read the emails received by non alliance members of the player you are spying on,as long as it has not been deleted, over time you can read the e-mails sent by other members of the alliance, by officers of the alliances, by vice chancellor of the alliance/ by chancellor of the alliance. The risk of detection is medium/high
4. Impersonate an alliance member, this would allow you to send messages to members of the alliance as the person of the city you are located in. Get into the alliance chat as the person you are impersonating. Risk of detection extremely high.
The knights characteristics help determine the success of the spying,
Intelligence - is the primary factor in determining success on gathering the general reports on alliance members
Combat - is the primary factor in determining the success on stealing alliance reports
Resourcefulness - Is the primary factor in determining the success of stealing alliance
Political - Is the primary factor factor in determining the success of impersonating a member of the alliance.
Counter Intelligence - You can set your knight to one of the following options
1. Conduct Counter Intelligence in My City - One report every 12 hours, reports can identify that you have a spy, you can select to capture the spy, if you are sucessful you can question the spy. Each day you have the spy you get more information. Day 1, How long has the spy been in your city, Day 2 the Spy's Name, Day 3 the lord/lady's alliance that sent the spy to your city, Day 4 The name of the Lord or Lady who owns the spy. At the same time the spy has a chance to escape.
The same characteristics are used to determine the success of capturing a spy.
The ability for a spy to escape is determined by its Combat and Resourcefulness score times an escape factor x the level of tavern training x Escapte luck % (50%,75%,100% X 125%) vs. the Political and Intelligence of the knight x the level of the tavern.
Escape Luck can be boosted by items bought in the Store or items maintained in the throne room.
A would use a formula for success that would be (Level of tavern x 1.50 + Level of Castle x 1.25) + (primary success factor x 75%) + (Remainder Characteristics x (1 to 5%)) vs. Level of Tavern x 1.5 + Level of Castle x 1.25) + Primary success factor x 75.5% +(Remainder Characteristics x ( 1 to 5%))