+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32
  1. #11
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    119
    As has been stated in other threads, all of the potential Diamond 'hacks' have simply turned out to be malware or trojans. Downloading any of the files will almost undoubtedly place your computer at risk.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuff n things View Post
    As has been stated in other threads, all of the potential Diamond 'hacks' have simply turned out to be malware or trojans. Downloading any of the files will almost undoubtedly place your computer at risk.
    This is correct. Our legal team is currently working on attempting to remove many of the sites that claim to have a "hack" for the Kabam games as virtually all of them have turned out to be some sort of virus or mal ware. Others simply do nothing, but require the player to jump through hoops, such as taking surveys or signing up for websites, that in turn make money for the person claiming to have a hack.

    Of all the programs I've ever seen, a total of 0 have actually worked. Just the way that Diamonds are credited to an account would prevent these programs from working.
    Heroes of Camelot
    Kabam

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob_57MPHML View Post
    Again- let me clarify- I have no idea if this person used the infamous you tube thing. And, [COLOR="#FF0000"]***[/COLOR], he is not a crew mate.

    If you caught a cheater, I applaud you and your efforts to keep a game clean that I enjoy
    I imagine that the mod who edited Shock and Awes post is a game player, likely in the same crew that Shock and Awe had originally accused of the cheating. You see the mod editing shock and awe's post for "naming names" but in this reply from "Noob" he is implicating [COLOR="#FF0000"]***[/COLOR] one of the top 5 players in [COLOR="#FF0000"]***[/COLOR] ironically from a quote of another [COLOR="#FF0000"]***[/COLOR]player. Yet this post doesn't get edited. Come on Mod's , if you're going to play the mod card, enforce the rules on everyone
    Last edited by SMartens; 02-14-2012 at 11:46 AM.

  4. #14
    Expert Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by Meganshredder View Post
    I imagine that the mod who edited Shock and Awes post is a game player, likely in the same crew that Shock and Awe had originally accused of the cheating. You see the mod editing shock and awe's post for "naming names" but in this reply from "Noob" he is implicating "Shred" one of the top 5 players in EMG ironically from a quote of another EMG player. Yet this post doesn't get edited. Come on Mod's , if you're going to play the mod card, enforce the rules on everyone
    Excuse me?

    You're right, I didn't see the name in the text you quoted. Most likely because that name does not ring any bell and I assumed it was a name from the forums.

    Oh, and pls refrain from any accusations here. I don't even know what server you guys are playing on. Thx.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by Meganshredder View Post
    I imagine that the mod who edited Shock and Awes post is a game player, likely in the same crew that Shock and Awe had originally accused of the cheating. You see the mod editing shock and awe's post for "naming names" but in this reply from "Noob" he is implicating [COLOR="#FF0000"]***[/COLOR] one of the top 5 players in [COLOR="#FF0000"]***[/COLOR] ironically from a quote of another [COLOR="#FF0000"]***[/COLOR]player. Yet this post doesn't get edited. Come on Mod's , if you're going to play the mod card, enforce the rules on everyone
    Meg- and like both you and "shock and awe" just fine. And if you report valid cheating, good for both/all of you.

    Not sure what I have said to get such a negative reaction.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam M. View Post
    [COLOR="#FF8C00"]This is correct. Our legal team is currently working on attempting to remove many of the sites that claim to have a "hack" for the Kabam games as virtually all of them have turned out to be some sort of virus or mal ware. Others simply do nothing, but require the player to jump through hoops, such as taking surveys or signing up for websites, that in turn make money for the person claiming to have a hack.

    Of all the programs I've ever seen, a total of 0 have actually worked. Just the way that Diamonds are credited to an account would prevent these programs from working.[/COLOR]
    I understand Kabam wanting to protect profits by quelching the fear of a potential hack in existence on the game, but when you see what we've seen on the Lampone server as described by Shock n Awe (OP), there's just too much evidence to show that this hack does exist. To say that all of them are malware or trojans is ironic how Kabam would come to this conclusion for 2 good reasons:

    1. This would require that someone actually downloaded the program and then got infected, and then told Kabam "Hey, I tried to download this hack and it didn't work". That just makes no sense to me that someone would implicate themselves to prove that an a hack was actually malware.

    2. Hacks and scripts that are made on games or other "bots" actually show up on scanners as viruses or trojans even though they do not have the damaging functions of a virus. It is a matter of definitions of the type of script that is downloaded and the coding used and whether or not the programmers of the game have submitted definitions to Symantec (Norton) and others to define similar source coded scripts with alterations as viruses. Not all viruses that show up as such on a virus scan are HARMFUL viruses, and the user is often directed to allow the program or script to pass their firewall with no harm done.

    There are many programs out there like Cheat Engine who's developers are constantly getting around patches. Once you understand how to create a patch (by obtaining the original source code for the script and making the appropriate value alterations) you know how to get around it, and Kabam doesn't do a very good job at protection their ports and attacks to their admin panel. I'd be glad to show you how to keep it protected for a hamburger on Wednesday, but to say these hacks are not only prevalent but also very much functional is to deny common sense. Sorry.

  7. #17
    Expert Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    887
    So the 4 players on the server I play on with 200k pros and 200k snipers paid real money for them? What would that come out to like 20,00 usd?

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuff n things View Post
    As has been stated in other threads, all of the potential Diamond 'hacks' have simply turned out to be malware or trojans. Downloading any of the files will almost undoubtedly place your computer at risk.
    And yes, even though these programs may and I believe DO work, that doesn't mean that something else wasn't downloaded into your computer. If people are going to write programs to rip off the gaming company, what makes you think they wont have a back door program installed on your computer. I have a friend of mine that tried this hack out and I had to help him track down all of his programs and separate the legitimate ones from the junk and dangerous ones and found a cracked version of a "Team Viewer" (a friendly program that allows access to your computer from a different location) program. Fixing the rootkit problem alone took several hours and much of the harddrive was severely damaged. A program like that can yield sensative personal information, banking records , routing and account numbers, access to passwords you've used on any website or personal files. Another thing hackers like to do when taking over websites or hacking through them, is it takes quite a bit to perform a successful DOS attack ( a common "Denial of Service" attack) and so hackers use a variety of different "ghosting" networks and your computer could be one of them. So go ahead, download that hack, it may work, you may have succeeded in getting away with a federal theft crime, but the payoff is going to eventually wreek havoc on your computer.

  9. #19
    Expert Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Vinny View Post
    So the 4 players on the server I play on with 200k pros and 200k snipers paid real money for them? What would that come out to like 20,00 usd?
    200k each? Really? Can you take a sceenshot? I just wanna see it lol

  10. #20
    Yeah I am with you...i thought 20K was ridiculous....200K would be unfathomable. post some screen shots please.

    Quote Originally Posted by SMartens View Post
    200k each? Really? Can you take a sceenshot? I just wanna see it lol


 
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Liens sociaux

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
   Top