+ Reply to Thread
    Advanced Member

Possible TrialPay card theft attempt.

One of my card companies which I have used to purchase via Kabam/TrialPay called just now to inform me of an attempt to change my billing address to one in Delaware, and issue a card/PIN. I'm nowhere near Delaware, but more important, TrialPay is in Delaware. The card in question is used in very limited fashion; at this point it was only used for Kabam, which is why I picked it specifically.

My guess is that - and it's only a guess - TrialPay is storing the CVV2 number for cards that are used to make purchases, and someone who works there is making improper use of the information. Again, I have no proof, but there are just too many coincidences to ignore. If TrialPay is storing CVV2 then the same thing could happen to others.

I made a payment today and have not gotten the diamonds... so buyer beware

Message From TrialPay Customer Support

Dear Kabam Users,

We wanted to take a moment to reply to the recent concern over credit
    card theft that was posted to this forum.

We would like to assure Kabam users that TrialPay complies with the
    most up to date and strict credit card security policies. This means
    that our employees will NEVER have access to anything more than your
    payment type (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, etc.) and the last 4 digits of
    the credit card number. Furthermore, because of our encryption
    policies, your card credentials cannot be reused without a purchase
    being initiated by a customer from the checkout flow.

The security of our user’s personal information is very important to us. If
    anyone has any charges that they do not recognize please contact our
    payments team directly via
    http://www.trialpay.com/credit-card-charges/ so that we can
    immediately investigate your transaction.

Thank You,

TrialPay Customer Support

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrialPay_Support View Post
    Dear Kabam Users,

We wanted to take a moment to reply to the recent concern over credit
    card theft that was posted to this forum.

We would like to assure Kabam users that TrialPay complies with the
    most up to date and strict credit card security policies. This means
    that our employees will NEVER have access to anything more than your
    payment type (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, etc.) and the last 4 digits of
    the credit card number. Furthermore, because of our encryption
    policies, your card credentials cannot be reused without a purchase
    being initiated by a customer from the checkout flow.

The security of our user’s personal information is very important to us. If
    anyone has any charges that they do not recognize please contact our
    payments team directly via
    http://www.trialpay.com/credit-card-charges/ so that we can
    immediately investigate your transaction.

Thank You,

Appreciate the response. However, the coincidence cannot be ignored.

- A card, used 99% on Kabam to purchase game currency, is within 24 hours subject to an unauthorized address change. The only other usage was at Amazon - and I know for a fact it wasn't them because they have 6 other cards more frequently used that weren't affected.

- The address change was to a location in Delaware. TrialPay is in Delaware.

- The perp requested a card and a PIN. That means they had intent to defraud.

I'm not suggesting that TrialPay itself is at fault. I'm suggesting that you might have a rogue employee somewhere who DOES have access to something. Likely in your IT department.

As I said, I have no hard evidence. I'm letting folks know to be careful. From here on out I will only use the one credit card that offers virtual card numbers when purchasing via TrialPay. To my knowledge and based on what I went through with the rep, there were no unauthorized charges since the bank was on top of it quite handily. However I still think some research is a good idea.

Message From TrialPay Customer Support

Hi ReVeLaTeD,

I am sorry for the unfortunate issues are experiencing with your credit card.

I'd like to clarify that TrialPay is incorporated in Delaware, however our offices are in California. Additionally please be assured that at no time does any employee at TrialPay have access to full credit card credentials. Please be sure that you are transacting through a secure network, as your information is encrypted at the time of your transaction and can not be replicated to make additional charges.

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact us through your in-game support center or at generalsupport@trialpay.com

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by ReVeLaTeD View Post
    Appreciate the response. However, the coincidence cannot be ignored.

- A card, used 99% on Kabam to purchase game currency, is within 24 hours subject to an unauthorized address change. The only other usage was at Amazon - and I know for a fact it wasn't them because they have 6 other cards more frequently used that weren't affected.

- The address change was to a location in Delaware. TrialPay is in Delaware.

- The perp requested a card and a PIN. That means they had intent to defraud.

I'm not suggesting that TrialPay itself is at fault. I'm suggesting that you might have a rogue employee somewhere who DOES have access to something. Likely in your IT department.

As I said, I have no hard evidence. I'm letting folks know to be careful. From here on out I will only use the one credit card that offers virtual card numbers when purchasing via TrialPay. To my knowledge and based on what I went through with the rep, there were no unauthorized charges since the bank was on top of it quite handily. However I still think some research is a good idea.

[SIZE=4]come and join me in this new browser base mafia game, own cansinoes, form your own crew or be a one man army. start up by being a paperboy doing petite crime, while you gain respect and form your own family. Travel to different countries, hide in different countries when the going gets tough, own prostitues, and commit all the crime you could think of. When you are ready to settle down and have a nice family you can get marry. easy to sign up and fun to play http://www.mafiacreator.com/path-to-crime[/SIZE]
    Last edited by mackietac; 03-16-2012 at 04:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Social links