+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Defeating a Level 10 Anthropus Camp

First off, I already know about DoA wiki and various other pages, so please do not answer with "check wiki."

I'm looking for a solution to defeat a level 10 anthropus camp with level 9 research, level 9 muster point, and 0 special troops. I've actually found a picture of someone defeating the camp with only 87k longbowmen and a great dragon, but I want to make sure that he didn't get lucky (since I've never found anyone else doing the same).

Thank you for your feedback!

they got lucky with 87k lbms and dragon
    send more lbms and about 20k ats and ya should be ok

Advanced Member
    nivel 9 ---> 65k dragones de combate
    nivel 10 -----> 125k dragones de combate

las cifras son menores pero su investigacion es baja por eso se aumenta la cifra de dragones

Elite Member
    Using LBM's against a lvl 10 camp is stupid unless you want to eventually lost 60-90k LBM's. 4k LJ's or 27k FT's + 1 LBM or 50k Banshee are all much safer alternatives. The LJ's work fine with the all dragons but Wind, FT's it needs to be the Wind Dragon, and Banshee work with all but Stone/Fire.
    Plain text = Speaking as a Player (feel free to ignore me or disagree/argue) [COLOR="#FF0000"]Red = Speaking as Moderator (please respect my warning and the forum rules)[/COLOR]

I can't send out more than 90k troops, and I don't have special troops! What about sending a wraith dragon?

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rep07c View Post
    I can't send out more than 90k troops, and I don't have special troops! What about sending a wraith dragon?
    Sending a wraith is a waste. You'd be using 1,000,000 blue energy and 50k talismans just to collect a little food and 3332 talismans.
    In short, the best solution in your case is to stay away from lvl 10 camps until you have special OP troops.
    Plain text = Speaking as a Player (feel free to ignore me or disagree/argue) [COLOR="#FF0000"]Red = Speaking as Moderator (please respect my warning and the forum rules)[/COLOR]

Hey Kenny...i have 2 questions regarding your first reply:
    1.Why do fangs need 1 lbm,and 1 LJ is not good or the other dragons except wind?cause if they needed a range troop...the more range the better right?and don't they get pounded by the hurlers(or which ones are the AC ranged)??

2.U said LJ are good with all the dragons except Wind,but from what i've seen only fire dragon has a bigger range than LJ,so for the rest of the dragons the range is set by LJs...so I do not understand why the water,stone,gd and ice are good but wind isnt.

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Bowyer View Post
    Using LBM's against a lvl 10 camp is stupid unless you want to eventually lost 60-90k LBM's. 4k LJ's or 27k FT's + 1 LBM or 50k Banshee are all much safer alternatives. The LJ's work fine with the all dragons but Wind, FT's it needs to be the Wind Dragon, and Banshee work with all but Stone/Fire.
    What he said! I hated seeing tickets where you all would write in complaining about how you farm the same camp time and time again and then you would lose a large portion of your troops after the 10th or 27th attack! That shit tickled me after a bit. The battle mechanics of dragons is set up kinda weird. Change up your tactics and always attack with more troops that necessary when attacking high level anthro camps to prevent you from getting a denial message ending in

Thanks for playing
    John Doe

Dragons of Atlantis Support.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chubba5 View Post
    Hey Kenny...i have 2 questions regarding your first reply:
    1.Why do fangs need 1 lbm,and 1 LJ is not good or the other dragons except wind?cause if they needed a range troop...the more range the better right?and don't they get pounded by the hurlers(or which ones are the AC ranged)??

2.U said LJ are good with all the dragons except Wind,but from what i've seen only fire dragon has a bigger range than LJ,so for the rest of the dragons the range is set by LJs...so I do not understand why the water,stone,gd and ice are good but wind isnt.

Thx
    1. The LBM is needed for it's slight increase in field length, allowing the defenders to spread out so the FT's get to take them on 1 at a time instead of en masse. The Wind Dragon is the only that has a short enough range to accomodate this.

2. The Wind Dragon's short range and speed when paired with LJ's turns the WiD into a meat shield by placing it in front of the LJ's. You'll still win the fight, but the WiD will be hurt for several hours instead of the shorter time of the other dragons who don't get hurt.

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Bowyer View Post
    Kenny, if I understood you correctly, if I had 27k FTs + Wind Dragon + 1 Lbm, and this could beat Lvl 10 camp? (I've been asking myself what else could be on the plate besides just 100k BDs, which seems to be a common answer).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Social links