+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Combat Limits in PvP

Let's face it, The Godfather: Five Families is a game designed for Wallet Warriors. When you have build times that are taking 4-5 days so you can get the "really good stuff" you don't want to wait so you pull out the ol' credit card, purchase diamonds, and away you go. This also gives an "unfair" advantage to those that can drop $100-$500 on the game to those, that, let's face it, can't afford playing a game that has been branded as "free" in the advertising campaign. This also puts the "little guys" at the mercy of the Wallet Warriors.

Example 1:
    My guy on the Rizzi server has the respect of about ~21,000. I came online tonight to find every single one of my Cityscapes taken over by someone that has a respect level of ~49,000, more than twice my respect. Further he had an experience level of ~2.5 million to my ~943k. So this player has a huge advantage over me. I have been hit by 500 Professionals, 500 Tommy Gunners, etc. by the guy in the passed so he makes my gaming time very difficult. This player is also in the top 5 of his family.

Example 2:
    Another guy on the same server came at me with 2250 Professionals, 2250 Tommy Gunners, 2250 Enforcers with Delivery Trucks. Came in and just basically took everything I had that couldn't be protected by my warehouse. His respect was four times my respect at ~89,000 (mine being roughly ~20,000 at the time of the attack). His experience is ~14.1 million. At the time I had maybe 400 Enforcers and some smaller units. This player is also his family's Don.

Example 3:
    The biggest player on the same server came at me with 400 Professionals, just to take out my cityscape. I was about the same respect as Example 2. His respect currently is ~198k and experience is ~18.6 million. This player is also his family's Don and the top ranked player on our server.

Three real examples of three attacks by very large players on a very smaller player. And none of the attacks gave respect to any of these three players so it was a mere case of "picking on the little guy." The only one that gained anything was Example 2 in resources. The other two examples had nothing to gain other than making me have to retake cityscapes. Closest attack was Example 1 though the player still had twice as much respect as I had. This seems to me to make a very unbalanced game in favor of those that came purchase diamonds. So, where is all this going? My suggestion and feedback:

I both love and hate the new combat system so I'm not going to comment on that. What I would like to see, however, is an attack limit of 50%. You cannot attack those that have less than 50% of your respect level and you cannot attack someone that has 50% above your respect level. So in the case of Example 1: He cannot attack anyone that has a respect level lower than 24,500. Example 2: 44,500 Respect. Example 3: 99,000 Respect. In my case I can't go after someone that has 10,750 or less and I can't go after someone that has 32,250 or more. It keeps players within a range where they can only attack those closest to them. Meaning they have to spread out, look for the higher leveled players in order to advance themselves, their crew, and their family.

What does this do to the dynamics of the game? Well, I think it will change up the game quite a bit. You won't have the "little" fish getting eaten by the "BIG" FISH all day long and will allow the little fish to advance. It would make for much more interesting battles because you have to attack someone closer to your own respect and experience. In my opinion it will allow people to stay on the game longer thus have a more likely chance of spending money on the game to help themselves advance and making the company money. If someone is getting hit over and over and over by someone four times their size and they can't advance their game why motivation do they have to continue playing? Close to zero motivation, in my opinion. That means that is one less player (customer) that will buy diamonds. If you that happen enough you lose 100 customers, 1000 customers, so on and so forth.

I believe placing a combat limit based on +/- 50% would greatly enhance the combat between the players and make for a more balanced game.

Thank you for your time.

Hey, I try to fix the Big Fish issue in another suggestion.

We all hate to face Big One. However, my proposal would be different to yours.
    Yeah, Big One can pick small one. However, in my proposal, Big One will get hurt anyway.
    BTW, I like your proposal to limit the attack target by above or below 50% of respect too.

http://community.kabam.com/forums/sh...te-in-a-combat

This message is designed for a BUMP to keep the topic from going into the depths of the suggestion and feedback forum.

I would also like to see this topic get more traction. I think having the guesthouse functional may help this but then you would need to have a larger crew available to donate troops. I am very curious how Kabam is going to make the guesthouse alluring to members of a crew.

A little off topic but my thought is that if units increases your temporary respect than having troops added to your guesthouse would throw off the OP's suggestion (your respect would fluctuate if you had crew members trying to help opening everyone's troops to attack from a higher ranked player).

Just trying to wrap my head around this issue. In another thread someone suggested paying to have some sort of temporary protection (without having to buy diamonds). I thought paying for divine protection at the church racket was an interesting idea. My thought is that it would cost a lot, but if you had a gate that told you what was coming you could buy it before the hit came. This would encourage players to be logged in to actively defend themselves. This would allow OP to protect himself while he is trying to become more competitive in the server.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Kraim; 01-27-2012 at 11:40 AM.

StormRequiem
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTonyStracci View Post
    Let's face it, The Godfather: Five Families is a game designed for Wallet Warriors. When you have build times that are taking 4-5 days so you can get the "really good stuff" you don't want to wait so you pull out the ol' credit card, purchase diamonds, and away you go. This also gives an "unfair" advantage to those that can drop $100-$500 on the game to those, that, let's face it, can't afford playing a game that has been branded as "free" in the advertising campaign. This also puts the "little guys" at the mercy of the Wallet Warriors.

Example 1:
    My guy on the Rizzi server has the respect of about ~21,000. I came online tonight to find every single one of my Cityscapes taken over by someone that has a respect level of ~49,000, more than twice my respect. Further he had an experience level of ~2.5 million to my ~943k. So this player has a huge advantage over me. I have been hit by 500 Professionals, 500 Tommy Gunners, etc. by the guy in the passed so he makes my gaming time very difficult. This player is also in the top 5 of his family.

Example 2:
    Another guy on the same server came at me with 2250 Professionals, 2250 Tommy Gunners, 2250 Enforcers with Delivery Trucks. Came in and just basically took everything I had that couldn't be protected by my warehouse. His respect was four times my respect at ~89,000 (mine being roughly ~20,000 at the time of the attack). His experience is ~14.1 million. At the time I had maybe 400 Enforcers and some smaller units. This player is also his family's Don.

Example 3:
    The biggest player on the same server came at me with 400 Professionals, just to take out my cityscape. I was about the same respect as Example 2. His respect currently is ~198k and experience is ~18.6 million. This player is also his family's Don and the top ranked player on our server.

Three real examples of three attacks by very large players on a very smaller player. And none of the attacks gave respect to any of these three players so it was a mere case of "picking on the little guy." The only one that gained anything was Example 2 in resources. The other two examples had nothing to gain other than making me have to retake cityscapes. Closest attack was Example 1 though the player still had twice as much respect as I had. This seems to me to make a very unbalanced game in favor of those that came purchase diamonds. So, where is all this going? My suggestion and feedback:

I both love and hate the new combat system so I'm not going to comment on that. What I would like to see, however, is an attack limit of 50%. You cannot attack those that have less than 50% of your respect level and you cannot attack someone that has 50% above your respect level. So in the case of Example 1: He cannot attack anyone that has a respect level lower than 24,500. Example 2: 44,500 Respect. Example 3: 99,000 Respect. In my case I can't go after someone that has 10,750 or less and I can't go after someone that has 32,250 or more. It keeps players within a range where they can only attack those closest to them. Meaning they have to spread out, look for the higher leveled players in order to advance themselves, their crew, and their family.

What does this do to the dynamics of the game? Well, I think it will change up the game quite a bit. You won't have the "little" fish getting eaten by the "BIG" FISH all day long and will allow the little fish to advance. It would make for much more interesting battles because you have to attack someone closer to your own respect and experience. In my opinion it will allow people to stay on the game longer thus have a more likely chance of spending money on the game to help themselves advance and making the company money. If someone is getting hit over and over and over by someone four times their size and they can't advance their game why motivation do they have to continue playing? Close to zero motivation, in my opinion. That means that is one less player (customer) that will buy diamonds. If you that happen enough you lose 100 customers, 1000 customers, so on and so forth.

I believe placing a combat limit based on +/- 50% would greatly enhance the combat between the players and make for a more balanced game.

Thank you for your time.
    Just because they have 2k or more of the better units does not mean there "wallet" warriors, simply means they know how to play the game. I did not spend a dime on this game and have over 60k units, 6k of those are pro's. I do enjoy how ever smashing those who do spend money on this game. Make's me smile. I never stop building units, I farm all the time when I am on. I hold only 5th rank on my server for my family. Not every one pays cash, we are just better at the game. It took me months to build up those numbers. How did I do it? I bid my time and built up allowing my cs's to get taken my fn to get hit I did not whine about it. Then when I had enough I let them see what I was hiding. Built my def units up before the crapy update limited them and and sitting pretty good atm. Btw you can get free diamonds through offers. Only ones I attack below me are inactives or rude people.
    Last edited by StormRequiem; 01-27-2012 at 10:31 PM.

I'm not sure I even like this game but I keep playing it. The "buy-in" aspect of the the game is really lame and I think it could be much better with more missions to gain respect. There are so many inactive players and for me very few players within striking distance that I have to search all over for a worthy opponent. Then it takes 15 minutes to travel one way.The game has huge potential but it needs to lead you towards advancement rather than just ending when you get to level 9.

This message is designed for a BUMP to keep the topic from going into the depths of the suggestion and feedback forum.

Example 1:

Example 2:

Example 3:

Thank you for your time.
    The core problem come from the army. What influence the quantity and quality of army? They can make temporary difference by using some speedup, but 150 DIamonds to build GV is ridiculous permanent difference between players. That is what KABAM wants. Admittedly, Kabam need money to keep servers and running everything but ..........you make this game brings alot of frustration and hatred. I don't care about respects or ex of Diamonds players because respects and experience do not show anything about PLayer but the battle field and how wise he play and attack ,then GV spoils it.

Let see how many pro GV can bring to you!
    http://community.kabam.com/forums/sh...623#post379623

Quote Originally Posted by Don Vinny View Post
    I couldnt edit my original post for some reason....as requested time for 1 pro and 100
    FN
    1Pro: 4m 1s
    100pro: 6h 42m 27s

18 hideouts:Lvl 10(1) Lvl 9(7) Lvl 8(8) Lvl 4(1) Lvl 3(1)
    Proficiency: 16
    Garage: 9

Sn
    1Pro:3m 27s
    100pro: 5h 45m 48s

28 hideouts: Lvl 9(6) Lvl 8(2) Lvl 7(6) Lvl 6(14)
    Proficiency: 14
    Garage: 9
    Pro visiting Parties are coming. We now know what is "Double"!
    Last edited by THE END; 02-06-2012 at 08:54 AM.

[COLOR="#FF0000"]Please familiarise yourself with the forum RoC - bumping threads is not allowed[/COLOR]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click here for FAQ, Report bugs here, check here for news and announcements.

+ Reply to Thread