+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Calculations Method..

Hey guys,

My apologies for having posted something, that may already have been answered. I've come in hopes, that someone could share with me how to calculate troop movement and ratio's between different types of troops...

You can probably tell, that i am pretty much new to the forums and have noticed from my many post viewings, that what i'm looking for, i cannot find.

I would really appreciate any help, that you may be able to provide, as i have failed to find a thread on how to calculate troop movements in rounds, through battle mechanics..

Kind regards,
    Pup

Well, as for troop movement per round, that depends on research levels, particularly Fletching and Alloy Horseshoes. We'll get to that in a second.

First, take into account ONLY the base info of all the troops. Cats range of 1500, Ballis range of 1400, Scouts speed of 3000, LC speed of 1000, etc. The highest ranged troop sets the distance of the battle. So Cats, if they are present, will start the battle at 1500. So let's say someone is attacking you with 100k Cats, and you're defending with the infamous LC/Scout defense. What happens here is, the cats set the range at 1500 (remember, this is all different with research levels. I'm only using the base rng/spd right now) and take their shots. Boom -- 180k scouts dead in first round. Defender's troops are not in range, so they move up. Scouts move up all the way to the Cats, since they move at a base speed of 3000 and they're in range of the cats at 1500. LC move up 1000, still out of range of cats. Round 2 starts, Cats take another shot at the scouts. Boom -- another 180k dead. Scouts attack cats now that they're in range but don't do any damage as their attack sucks. So LC move up to cats. Rounds 3 starts. Cats take away another 180k scouts and 600k LC kill all the attacking cats. Battle over.

***NOTE: A troop only advances if it has no other target in range***

With research levels it is quite different though. For example, a lv11 Fletched Cat would set the range at 2325, not 1500. That means your troops would have to go further to get to the Cats and, depending on the troops type and Alloy Horseshoe levels, the cats may get in another round on your scouts, killing another 180k.

As for ratios, there is a thread up in this forum called, "the ultimate thread about accuracy" or something like that. It should be at the top of all the threads. It's been made a sticky. There's loads upon loads of good stuff in there you can use to find troops ratios, or accuracies. There are so many things that affect the ratios though, so be careful. Things like high knight skill, atk/def boosts, ore/wood guardians, etc. can change your battle tremendously.

Advanced Member
    [QUOTE=Landon12;258325]Well, as for troop movement per round, that depends on research levels, particularly Fletching and Alloy Horseshoes. We'll get to that in a second.

Hey Landon12,

Thank you so much, for taking the time to share this info. I really appreciate it.. I now have a fair understanding of how the ranged troops/siege attack, whilst speed troops move in rounds..

Once again, really appreciate it.

Regards,
    Pup...

[QUOTE=Puppy;258708]
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon12 View Post
    Well, as for troop movement per round, that depends on research levels, particularly Fletching and Alloy Horseshoes. We'll get to that in a second.

Hey Landon12,

Thank you so much, for taking the time to share this info. I really appreciate it.. I now have a fair understanding of how the ranged troops/siege attack, whilst speed troops move in rounds..

Once again, really appreciate it.

Regards,
    Pup...
    No problem at all. If you have any other questions, just post them. Someone will answer them, if not me.

Advanced Member
    wow this calculation thing is too complicated. I'm not smart enough for this. I like to use the abc method. much simpler and fool proof. D will beat c. Z is the master of all troops. P will beat a E troop...example.

HC will beat C....haeavy calvary beats Calvary
    C beats B ....Cats beats ballistics
    B beats A Ballistics beats Archers
    A beats P Don't know how that happened Archers beat Pikesmen. Maybe cause men running around with a stick run slower and weighed down or something..

ok..you get the point....no need to use math. use Sesame Street. works perfectly.

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fastturtle View Post
    wow this calculation thing is too complicated. I'm not smart enough for this. I like to use the abc method. much simpler and fool proof. D will beat c. Z is the master of all troops. P will beat a E troop...example.

HC will beat C....haeavy calvary beats Calvary
    C beats B ....Cats beats ballistics
    B beats A Ballistics beats Archers
    A beats P Don't know how that happened Archers beat Pikesmen. Maybe cause men running around with a stick run slower and weighed down or something..

ok..you get the point....no need to use math. use Sesame Street. works perfectly.
    Haha, yeah this is a good way of looking at it.. =p

Advanced Member
    Would anyone know the kill ratios for defense's?..

Rams per spiked barrier, say if there were 1000 spiked barriers, how many rams would it take, to clear it?..
    Balls/cats per wmc, or trebs. (Same as above)..

Any help, would be much appreciated.. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Pup..

Fastturtle , why would you send HC against LC, you let the LC take first shot due to range, that can be overcome by knowing how the battle works.

I know you are a sledgehammer man, and I am sure in the game you get the job done and most hate it when you port next to them, but you know there are more clever ways of doing things..........

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post

Rams per spiked barrier, say if there were 1000 spiked barriers, how many rams would it take, to clear it?..

Regards,
    Pup..
    Not quite sure about that ratio, but HC eat through spikes. I don't usually even clear spikes till the very end when I send in the heavies. Ranged troops fire from behind them, foot troops move around them, then HC move right through them.

*NOTE* Spikes DO affect siege and wagons, but I usually don't send siege just to clear a city, I send them to take out certain troops and let them die as they've done there job. And wagons of course I don't send in until everything is cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post

Regards,
    Pup..
    do the math all the base stats are given.
    life/(att-def) with all applicable researches/bonus/kights skill etc of course.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Social links