Advanced Member

How does this make sense?

I wanted to try attacking another Family this morning to test the function. I sent a courier and lost, of course. It cost me -3 respect. So, I loaded up and attacked in force. I won, lost 12 troops and got +1 respect...and nothing else.

....?

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

The player you attacked was lower level than you, therefore any respect gained would be less, however, beings you lost to a lower level player, the loss being higher risk/greater reward, cost you more respect than you would have gotten had you won.
    I am Jimmy Dimples of "The Untouchables" from the Barzini Family....Capiche?

When I type like this, I am just a player like everyone else, feel free to debate, discuss and respond to me as you would any other forum poster.
    When I type in RED I am acting in my capacity as a forum moderator, please respect my warnings and all forum rules

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    The player you attacked was lower level than you, therefore any respect gained would be less, however, beings you lost to a lower level player, the loss being higher risk/greater reward, cost you more respect than you would have gotten had you won.
    So if I send a courier to attack a player that is a greater level and lose, do I gain respect?

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duane Savage View Post
    So if I send a courier to attack a player that is a greater level and lose, do I gain respect?
    Unfortunately not.

Edit:
    Btw, Jimmy, I thought that it was because of the respect. It wasn't ?
    [COLOR="#FFFFFF"]"It's not personal, Sonny. It's strictly business."[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#FF0000"]This is how we play.

Got an issue? Here's your tissue.

Just the FAQ, my friend.[/COLOR]

Only victories grant respect, defeats cost respect.

When I type like this, I am just a player like everyone else, feel free to debate, discuss and respond to me as you would any other forum poster.
    When I type in RED I am acting in my capacity as a forum moderator, please respect my warnings and all forum rules

Expert Member
    I mean, I thought that the amount of respect you get is calculated based on the difference between your amount of respect and the other player's. But it doesn't seem to be the case, does it ?
    [COLOR="#FFFFFF"]"It's not personal, Sonny. It's strictly business."[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#FF0000"]This is how we play.

Got an issue? Here's your tissue.

Just the FAQ, my friend.[/COLOR]

I believe it is level based.

Advanced Member
    i think we need a unit to replace the courier he must be cheap, the target can catch him only when his spy level is high

OP, did you attack the same player with both the one Courier and the other troops? Do you have Battle Reports showing the outcome of both these battles?

Moving this to the Bugs and Known Issues section~

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Razia View Post
    [COLOR=#FF8C00]OP, did you attack the same player with both the one Courier and the other troops? Do you have Battle Reports showing the outcome of both these battles?

Moving this to the Bugs and Known Issues section~[/COLOR]
    Yes, sent one courier to scout then attacked with overwhelming numbers. Unfortunately I caught this late, so no I don't have the report any longer.

Social links