Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Down Time

Game Down Time

Hi Everyone,

In past few days we've seen some reports from players on this domain that the game can be slow or laggy. We're making an update to the game today that should help address this issue. We're are going to stop saving march reports older than 30 days and all messages older than 60 days. There are a lot of people playing Kingdoms right now and our servers are working hard to keep up with all the traffic. When the servers get a request to look up a long list of march reports, it can take a while, slow things down and mean that other people's server requests fail. Removing old reports should have a big impact on the game for everyone.

If there are any reports you wish to save, please make sure to save them on your computer as soon as possible.

To make these changes, we will have to take Kingdoms of Camelot down for a few hours tonight. Maintenance should start around 2am PST and last for at least 2 hours. Our team will work to get the game back up as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience and for playing Kingdoms of Camelot!

Steph

Yeah Steph! you go girl!

Advanced Member
    Hi Steph,
    I'm happy to see that you try ti fix bugg on the KOC ..
    Unfortunatly, it seems it do nthing ... all time we are on f5 to charge again .. troops loose, and I forget how much troubles ....
    Also present losse, bonus loose like "aura de commandemant" when you want to attack and the game said : excés trafic try again, but your aura is loose ...
    I win "inspiration divine" and pffff when I want to use, bugg and inspiration divine loose.
    I'm not alone in my team to have these kind of problems ...
    Sorry for my english, it's long time that I don't practice ...

ShiTzunette

Here's an Idea to help speed things up. Don't post barbarian city raids in alliance reports. It will save a lot of room and speed things up.

Lost Troops Due to Outage

I lost over 15,000 troops because of the outage that took place today. Unable to log into the game, I was unable to transfer food to my troops. How do I get them back?

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Hoff View Post
    I lost over 15,000 troops because of the outage that took place today. Unable to log into the game, I was unable to transfer food to my troops. How do I get them back?
    Start training again.
    I quit this game over a year ago...

[COLOR="Navy"]THAT'S THE TYPICAL STUPID ANSWER FROM KOC[/COLOR]

Again you shut down the game WITHOUT warning us in time and we therefore have no chance to prepare our game or daily rutines for it. I lost 1.4 mill. might in one domaine and 700k in an other. It will take me ages to get that back but I'm completely aware that KoC does that only to make me spend money on the game. It shows how little respect you have for us.

Elite Member
    No one makes you spend money on the game. The down time warning was given 12hrs in advance, and if you woke up and your internet was out the same thing would've happened.
    [COLOR=Red]It will not let me receive PMs. If needed you can either email me at marinecorpssniper@live.com or post to my visitor messages.

[x] - Steal checklist idea from someone who has stolen the checklist idea
    [ ] -Convince the KOC community that rainbow attacks do not work outside of DFs
    [x] -Make a successful attempt at helping Kabam make female avatars.
    [x] -Create an Obese Constipated Wonder Woman
    [x] -Complete two checks in one go.
    [/COLOR]
    http://i.imgur.com/4zOhls.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBunny View Post
    No one makes you spend money on the game. The down time warning was given 12hrs in advance, and if you woke up and your internet was out the same thing would've happened.
    It was'nt warned in the Inbox .... Maybee here, and you forget the timediff. European time you warn at 3.30 am ! And furthermore I've never had my internet down for several houers !

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherfish View Post
    Here's an Idea to help speed things up. Don't post barbarian city raids in alliance reports. It will save a lot of room and speed things up.
    I suggested this in two different KoC-prompted surveys months ago.

I'm GUESSING with new ownership, many of the original programmers have moved on and this is perhaps too major a change. They are comfortable changing combat variables as beta beta (double beta? ) tests have shown, although game balance and playability was far from thought out and code changes to isolate the Barb reports appears to be just a dream...

Taking it one step further, it'd be better to isolate the back end database from the front end servers. In this manner, report seekers only impact other report seekers versus every player on that server as it is now. Although fundamental in DB design, can fault the original programmers here... and appears too late in the game for the current crew to redesign.

Maybe these ideas are being gathered for the non-Beta version, although other than FB games, I don't know of any other games that involve accepting $$ transactions during beta, so even though it SAYS beta... I look at that label being more of a scape goat than a process in which we share bugs that get resolved.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Liens sociaux