Closed Thread
Page 1 of 214 1231151101 ... LastLast

Post Inventory Issue Official Thread

8/7 8:20pm Pacific UPDATE: We understand your concerns about the free gifts. It's not fun to get something to have it taken away. Unfortunately, the gifts were items that were not purchased or never intended to be in the game. There were some players who had hundreds of powerful items that would have seriously upset game play on their servers. Our intention was to only remove the wrongly gifted items from players accounts, but as you know we ran into some complications that affected players' purchased and earned inventories. We are working around the clock to make sure all purchased or earned items are restored. We hope this helps clarify some of your questions.

UPDATE: At 10 PM August 6th (U.S. Pacific Time) the team finished the final item credits for affected players. If you are still missing items from your inventory due to this issue, please contact customer support through the in-game help tab. Again, we sincerely apologize the pain that this mistake has caused for our loyal players. We appreciate your patience while we've work to make things right.

To All Citizens of Camelot:

Kabam and the Kingdoms of Camelot team wish to sincerely apologize for any difficulties we have caused our loyal players in the last 1-2 days. We made a mistake when trying to fix a significant bug in the game and that mistake negatively affected innocent players.

Kabam and the Kingdoms of Camelot team are working around the clock to make things right. We are currently addressing this issue and have reached out to those players impacted by our actions.

If you have any questions or concerns, we’ve prepared this FAQ to provide more detail. To receive live updates from the team as we work on this issue, please subscribe to this official forum thread.

Again, we are sorry for any issues or distress this has caused our community. We appreciate your patience as we work through this issue. We know that we would not be here without your business and your loyalty, and for that, we are extremely grateful.

FAQ

Q: What happened?
    A: We discovered a significant bug which allowed the gifting of items that were not designated as free gifts (or even meant to be in the game at all). In an attempt to rectify this issue, and to keep things fair for all players, we attempted to remove the wrongly gifted items from players’ inventories. In the process of removing these items, we mistakenly removed legitimate items from some players’ inventories as well.

Q: Who was affected?
    A: This issue primarily affected those players who accepted an item that was incorrectly gifted during the last 48 hours. All affected players should have a message from Kingdoms of Camelot in their in-game Messages with more information. This message was sent to approximately 70,000 players.

Q: What has been done to address the issue so far?
    A: The team has been working hard behind the scenes to make things right. Here are the steps we have taken so far:

- We’ve restored specific players whose inventories were affected by our mistake, to the state they were in as of August 4th 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
    - We gave all affected players a Divine Evocation.
    - Everyone who logged in on August 4 or August 5 (U.S. Pacific Time) has received a gift of 100 Gems.
    - In addition, for those players who purchased Gems on August 5, 2011 (U.S. Pacific Time) and who were affected by this significant bug, we have doubled the amount of Gems they purchased. (For example, if you purchased 500 Gems on August 5, you should now have an additional 1,000 Gems in your account, along with an in-game message detailing this credit)

Q:What's left to do?
    A: Today, Saturday, August 6, 2011, we will continue to make things right by crediting affected players’ inventories back with the items that they purchased in the Item Shop on August 5th (U.S. Pacific Time). Players should see these items in their inventory by the end of the day today (U.S. Pacific time). We will send affected players an in-game message with more details after the credit is completed.

We are also giving more free items away to our loyal players as a token of our appreciation. Log-in Saturday or Sunday (August 6 - August 7, U.S. Pacific Time) and you will receive a free Divine Inspiration and Obsidian Rune on Monday, August 8! Check out the our Forum more information: http://community.kabam.com/forums/sh...n-Rune-and-DI!

Q: There are a lot of rumors going around about how Kabam has been treating affected players’ accounts - what is true and what is false?
    A: Kabam is not charging players for these items which were wrongfully gifted. In our attempt to fix the bug, we mistakenly eliminated "innocent" inventory from a number of players’ accounts. We messed up, and we're owning up to it. We are replacing the mistakenly eliminated inventory, plus providing affected players with additional compensation for our error.

This FAQ will have the most up to date and accurate information for players about this issue.

Q:What if my account is still incorrect after today’s fix?
    A: If you are still experiencing issues with your account after today’s resolution, please contact customer support by clicking the in-game Help tab and the Contact Us links on the Support page. Please be as specific as possible as to which domain you are having issues with, what your player name is, and what exactly was lost and one of our team will assist in resolving your issue.

Q:Where can I go for more information?
    A: The team has been working around the clock trying to restore these affected players’ accounts, and will continue to do so until we have made things right. To receive live updates from the team as we work in this issue, please subscribe to this official forum thread.
    Last edited by Kyle Kabam; 08-07-2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Update

see thats just like u guys... u hide behind these faq and support tickets then ask for a screen shot the listed items... do u think ppls should have to screen shot everything they do on game NOPE...just goes to show how much u put in this game....to me askin us to screen shot everything is complete bogus BS..means u dont even have faith in ur game...i wanna know why when u post stuff it gets major attention like the issue that made cnn ireport..then u come on here and say no no no that was a fake report sent out..well i just hope the players that are pullin class action get what they deserve for as me...iam holding out till midnite monday est and if i dont get all these items including the glitched ones back..iam all for quittin and then watchin the outcome of this game and its failure...we are pissed off players now due to ur stunt...which never shoulda happend in the first place..u coulda left it at stop gifting and now us folks that have legit missing items..are stuck and wantin the stuff back..and ect ect..but yet u say again contact SUPPORT and yet i have and heard nuttin back yet..so yea u arent working as hard as u say u are...its just lies leading into lies which digs u a deeper hole..pretty soon u gonna be covered in dirt and no gd and most of all alot of missing money ppls including myself

[COLOR="#FF0000"]For tickets related to this particular issue, screenshots will not be required.

- Kyle Kabam[/COLOR]
    Last edited by Kyle Kabam; 08-06-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Expert Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Kabam View Post
    Hi All,

We have prepared a detailed FAQ on the current issue with player inventories. It will be posted within this thread shortly. The existing update threads will be closed as this thread will take over as our official means for live updates. Thank you and please stay tuned for the FAQ.

I Think you should include this, What is The expected Time of Reply for the tickets sent out to KofC support. Alot of Players Clouded minds with all the negative comments and anger over items missing, send out a ticket w/o the understanding that due to high Ticket volume it might take a bit longer to handle their cases.

[COLOR="#FF0000"]We have all hands on deck right now. The office is full and we are addressing incoming tickets as quickly as we can.

- Kyle Kabam[/COLOR]

[SIZE=2][COLOR="#00FF00"]Are we Supposed to be receiving a Generic Reply to our tickets, that is pretty much FWD us back here to this thread. "IF Not , I have the name of an Agent you might want to go talk to"

-HOCH[/COLOR]
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Hoch; 08-06-2011 at 07:45 PM.
    *Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted*
    __________Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler__________

-Albert Einstein

come on kyle... i, as well as others have been waiting patiently. i keep messaging you PMs and u wont return a message. i have lost countless cresting time because of the past 3 or 4 days of issues. i continue to say that im a loyal patron of yours, but you all are not leaving us much of a choice in finding some other game to play. i will not screen shot something that i know you all can go into your records and pull up. so, as i said in my ticket i sent hours ago.... IS THIS WHAT ALL OF US ARE WORTH TO YOU...100 GEMS???

Hi All,

We have prepared a detailed FAQ on the current issue with player inventories. It will be posted within this thread shortly. The existing update threads will be closed as this thread will take over as our official means for live updates. Thank you and please stay tuned for the FAQ.
    What happened to the plan of just searching and removing the partially implemented/not-implemented items and keeping what we got beforehand?

I'm desperately trying to keep my cool but the 100 gems and 1 DE chest is, frankly, a slap in the face for the fiasco your devs did with their shoddy programming.

Not to mention the failure to backup the database right before attempting said fix, and not testing it on 1 server first before doing it to EVERYONE.

Expert Member
    i got back about half of what i had..and naturaly the good stuff missing.... not impressed at all....and on the leaderboard i dont have a name anymore i'm just called Lord and and i'm in alliance ------- .
    you have totally screwed my account that took more than a year to build...Thanks bunch of thieves and liars...

jda i agree bro 100 gems was a joke and are tryin to stay on ppls gd sides..well 100 gems and FAQ's arent gonna cut it...well i dont get back the items iam only gonna play due to the close friends ive made...which isnt 100% yes atm..but iam damn sure i wont spend another penny on this game ever again..cause thats the last straw with me...glitches and BS are a normal on here nemore and yes this time iam speakin out about it..to prove u screw players over all the time...while they driving mercs bmw lexus range rovers and what not and then laughing at us in the process of the profit they make of ppl that get screwed endless amounts of time

Quote Originally Posted by kurgan2001 View Post
    Not to mention the failure to backup the database right before attempting said fix, and not testing it on 1 server first before doing it to EVERYONE.
    Slight problem here: that would have been the sensible course of action. sadly, kabam doesn't have the sense the good lord granted a ROCK.

To All Citizens of Camelot:
    Q:What if my account is still incorrect after today’s fix?
    A: If you are still experiencing issues with your account after today’s resolution, please contact customer support by clicking the in-game Help tab and the Contact Us links on the Support page. Please be as specific as possible as to which domain you are having issues with, what your player name is, and what exactly was lost and one of our team will assist in resolving your issue.
    Great so not only do we get kinda screwed in this ordeal, now we gotta put up with the 2 months it takes you morons to reply to our tickets. Anyone who has ever submitted a ticket to you knows that it take sometimes months to get a response. Way to keep riding on the fail train...

I was one of the players who accepted happily one of these gifts. Then it was taken away, but I was still happy because I got a letter saying I would get a divine evocation for the trouble. this I thought would defintely make up for it. Unfortunatly the accredited DE chest was not on the domain that was affect. It was on a 450might domain I don't plan on ever useing a level 11 building. Please PLEASE! move the DE chest to the city you removed the gift from. That is where I play. I shoudln't be punished for playing on multiple domains.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 214 1231151101 ... LastLast

Social links