+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smaug

Smaug

Can you win tokens from smaug? What levels and what are the chances? Is it worth the might loss?

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KoM Player99 View Post
    Can you win tokens from smaug? What levels and what are the chances? Is it worth the might loss?
    You can. It is the last level on the last map of Discover Smaug- Great Hall of Thrain. You'll lose about 30k T1 troops if you are using a 220 hero with decent buffs (but no ROI or ROF). You have a chance of winning Pilfered Gear, Prisoner's Gear, Runes (ROI/ROF), hourglasses, 16(?) tokens, forge runes.. or nothing at all. You also get 200k of each resource. It's up to you to decide whether it's worth it or not. To me it is, since the pilfered gear is the best offered so far.

Expert Member
    I would agree. The rewards are mighty worth it when you get them. However, you burn a lot of t1 mighty fast taking on Smaug, the meat grinder. I won great the first few times I hit him, and it was disheartening to go 3 times in a row and get no drop later on. I guess its a matter of how much t1 might you are willing and able to sacrifice to the Terror or Erebor.

wouldnt even consider hitting him with T1. Rune up and use T4/5

Quote Originally Posted by QhorinMaiar View Post
    And hardy anyone else would consider doing this as u lose way more might this way than sending t1

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QhorinMaiar View Post
    Since I'm all about "when to use higher tier troops" and have started several threads just on that...then I would like more input as to why you say this. Obviously from a score perspective you are absolutely right, but we are not talking about score here. That is only useful for an event. As other poster said, you lose WAYYY more using higher tier troops.

Do you think that score has a dramatic, and I mean DRAMATIC effect on drop rates. If it doesn't then I just don't see why using such troops would be worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Noob_5JVNMJL View Post
    And hardy anyone else would consider doing this as u lose way more might this way than sending t1
    What is that big might number next to your name getting you? Most likely nothing unless you're a hardcore hugger. Might (t4/t5 included) is just a means to end. Use it or let it collect dust.

Personally I like saving my t1 for tks, why waste good t1 on Smaug when I can send other troops I won't use for tks.

There is a good question here that no one seems to be able to answer definitively....does the campaign score influence the drop rates? Most I know have upgraded their sage tower to level 10 but no one can really say that that even helps. We assume it does though, based on experience with goblin *camps* and the description of the tower, but it's not completely clear. Whether being very efficient in the campaign, getting a high score, as opposed to just sending a slow march with a mass of troops, increases the drop rate, is even less clear. Does anyone have a feel for this? I am pretty confidence that some of the drop rate is massaged by central command since Smaug dropped really well initially and then the drop rate went to zero and then it has increased a bit. There certainly was not a random pattern there. But for current purposes, and for non-Smaug targets, what exactly does impact the drop rates?

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute 0 View Post
    What is that big might number next to your name getting you? Most likely nothing unless you're a hardcore hugger. Might (t4/t5 included) is just a means to end. Use it or let it collect dust.

Personally I like saving my t1 for tks, why waste good t1 on Smaug when I can send other troops I won't use for tks.
    But you cannot train T5, so unelss you are hardcore investor I don't see how can use T5 on Smaug. You do need them for campaign events etc. But again if you have many T5s then I guess using T5 shouldn't be an issue..

I would say and use T1 because they are easily replacable and that's what we train. Of course when I win any T2 or even T4, I use them first on campaigns (T5 as said I save for campaign events).

I would think everyone trains only T1 and T3, so using T1 is better bet then using T3..

Hmm good point by bill, does Level 10 Sage has any difference?? I still have my sage level 9, so really wondering if its worth to upgrade it to level 10?

This is how i send and how it lost. you must use the highest hero lv.
    I send 30k of t1, 30k of t2 ranged only, the rest are t3, t4 and t5. I lost all t1, and about 3k of t2 but sometimes i got hbc. that help alot to be able to train t4. t1 ia easy to retrain. anyone else have any different?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Social links