+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: KOC BOTs

As Knights we presented Kabam with a report of all our ideas and ideas gleaned from the forum.
    We also submitted a report regarding a 2013 Facelift of the UI
    We'll need to check back on all this work as we now have a new team we'll need to touch base again
    Last edited by Lucylastic; 04-01-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_ View Post
    I totally agree.

We must remember though, this has been brought up before, and brushed aside...
    Yep swoosh swoosh back under the rug....with it. Bots and scripts are not a priority for them unless you are using them to abuse other players.
    Just because someone is an "Expert Member" in the forum doesn't mean they know what they are talking about....It just means they're talking.

No longer playing.

I totally agree.

We must remember though, this has been brought up before, and brushed aside...
    What's the downside to "killing the scripts?" I think I bought more gems before bots. Is it that big time spenders are the ones who utilize bots and there is a fear of effecting the bottom line? I get that it's a business, but am I naive in that I think that business managers/owners would want their product to appeal to the most people, thereby tapping revenue streams that are currently unavailable to them?

Or am I wrong and it is more like the smaller number of actual script/bot using players spend more money?
    ----Used to love the game....still love the people----

Quote Originally Posted by Mehonpurpose View Post
    What's the downside to "killing the scripts?" I think I bought more gems before bots. Is it that big time spenders are the ones who utilize bots and there is a fear of effecting the bottom line? I get that it's a business, but am I naive in that I think that business managers/owners would want their product to appeal to the most people, thereby tapping revenue streams that are currently unavailable to them?

Or am I wrong and it is more like the smaller number of actual script/bot using players spend more money?
    KoC already has a steady stream of people coming in to play the game, just as much as players are leaving (no matter what people say, the statistics are reasonably steady). I doubt that the removal of scripts would make too much of a difference, assuming Kabam go about it the right way.
    We should also bear in mind that Kabam can't just click a button and get rid of all the scripts used in the game (unless they just banned everyone or shut down the game). The scripts have to be worked out, but supplementing them with something just as good...somehow. lol
    Ex-Knight abusing the system

Elite Member
    We should also bear in mind that Kabam can't just click a button and get rid of all the scripts used in the game (unless they just banned everyone or shut down the game). The scripts have to be worked out, but supplementing them with something just as good...somehow. lol
    True, but there are some really easy steps they could take to cut down on their impact.

For example, your city must 'rest' for 8 hrs every 24-hr period. After 16 hours of solid, constant activity - you can't do anything for 8 hours. That means that after 16 hours of DF attacks, builds, training, etc... your game cannot perform any action (other than Raids) for the next 8 hours. Any builds, research or training groups already queued would be allowed to finish normally and you could switch to defend/Sanctuary, but no new training groups, no marches, no builds, no posts, etc could be started.

Or even a CAPTCHA for everyone every 6 hours. Every 6 hours(ish), everyone on the domain gets a CAPTCHA (and not one of the 'let me load a diff bot to take care of it' types either). If you pass the CAPTCHA, you've got 6 hrs of gameplay - if you aren't at your PC - it locks all input commands until you are.

Pretty simple really - it's not the ability to limit the bots that's missing.. it's their willingness to even try that's MIA.
    If you don't like what I have to say, please comment in the box provided here → □. (Write legibly).

[Support Link]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck Tucker View Post
    True, but there are some really easy steps they could take to cut down on their impact.

For example, your city must 'rest' for 8 hrs every 24-hr period. After 16 hours of solid, constant activity - you can't do anything for 8 hours. That means that after 16 hours of DF attacks, builds, training, etc... your game cannot perform any action (other than Raids) for the next 8 hours. Any builds, research or training groups already queued would be allowed to finish normally and you could switch to defend/Sanctuary, but no new training groups, no marches, no builds, no posts, etc could be started.

Or even a CAPTCHA for everyone every 6 hours. Every 6 hours(ish), everyone on the domain gets a CAPTCHA (and not one of the 'let me load a diff bot to take care of it' types either). If you pass the CAPTCHA, you've got 6 hrs of gameplay - if you aren't at your PC - it locks all input commands until you are.

Pretty simple really - it's not the ability to limit the bots that's missing.. it's their willingness to even try that's MIA.
    Sounds good Tuck...the only problem with that would be the time differentials of the players...I mean supposing your allotted hours ran out and there you are stuck in limbo for 8 hours whilst everyone and his dog had a nibble at your resources in full knowledge there was bugger all you could do to stop them...you'd log back on after the enforced 'rest' to find troops walking out the door...Imagine the furore on here if that happened! LOL

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Botulism View Post
    Sounds good Tuck...the only problem with that would be the time differentials of the players...I mean supposing your allotted hours ran out and there you are stuck in limbo for 8 hours whilst everyone and his dog had a nibble at your resources in full knowledge there was bugger all you could do to stop them...you'd log back on after the enforced 'rest' to find troops walking out the door...Imagine the furore on here if that happened! LOL
    True, but it could be worked around if it was thought out by the devs.. (ok, I know how funny that sounds..lol)

Put a [Sleep] button on your city overview.. if you're going to be offline for a few hours.. put it in sleep mode. As long as you have a total of 8 hours - you're good to go. Only at the end of 16 constant hours of action does it force you to take 8 hours off.

That way, players could decide what time(s) they wanted. And, as long as they didn't hit the 16-straight-hour mark, they could walk up to the PC and exit sleep mode. Heck, alliances could set a schedule of who was on - and off - at what time so that there were always players available.
    If you don't like what I have to say, please comment in the box provided here → □. (Write legibly).

[Support Link]

Banned
    True, but it could be worked around if it was thought out by the devs.. (ok, I know how funny that sounds..lol)
    Definitely NOT funny...but the results of their labours (as always) could be hilarious!...lol

Put a [Sleep] button on your city overview.. if you're going to be offline for a few hours.. put it in sleep mode. As long as you have a total of 8 hours - you're good to go. Only at the end of 16 constant hours of action does it force you to take 8 hours off.
    You'd need that 'sleep' to also be like 'vacation mode' otherwise the sneaky ones amongst us would just wait until you were afk on sleep mode and empty your stores.
    I really can't see how it could be implemented without having a large proportions of the game set in limbo... with the other portion unable to do anything about it but hope the 'on air' time co-insides at some point so hostilities can be resumed

That way, players could decide what time(s) they wanted. And, as long as they didn't hit the 16-straight-hour mark, they could walk up to the PC and exit sleep mode. Heck, alliances could set a schedule of who was on - and off - at what time so that there were always players available.
    Subject to there being anyone from the correct time zone with play hours available to be there when others are not...
    It's a complicated issue and one whose goals/aims may prove to be unobtainable in reality. The game has evolved alongside bot use and I'm afraid it's looking like the two are now inseparable without a complete revamp of the game itself.

I genuinely don't like that lol.

Limiting playing time? Jeez I think I'd die. Think of all that extra time people would lose to spend gems! lol

But on a serious note; Bot has brought it up. You get booted off your game, cannot do anything, no marches etc etc. So the big ugly people with lots of money come along and totally slaughter you.... great. And you can't sit in 'Peacetime' all the time, that'd be just seriously lame- even you would agree with that.

Players could still use scripts in this method anyway. They'd find a way. Ok, maybe if you were locked out then you couldn't but the whole 'stopping you from doing something' is ridiculous.

Just gather together a couple banana's, lure the devs into a room, and tell em to sort it. Jobs a gooden! (You might need to order a cleaner too...)
    Ex-Knight abusing the system

Elite Member
    I understand what you both are saying, but I just wanted to throw out there that this game actually wasn't designed to be 'played' 24/7/365. Yeah, I know... the bots are doing a lot of the labor.. and I know that the players are terrified of actually having to plan ahead and/or rely on their alliance to cover their butts, but that was how the game was meant to be.

The truth be told, Kabam should have listened when scripts first came out and they had a chance to sort it.. now it's probably just too late.

If we're not willing to go a few solid hours without our scripts, then I would prob just tell the OP:
    "Sorry mate - Kabam won't enforce the ToS, and the players can't cope without them.. so load them up like everyone else and get over it."
    Last edited by Tuck Tucker; 04-04-2013 at 11:07 AM.

[Support Link]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Social links