+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Best Use of Hobbit Building Crew

I won a Hobbit Building Crew and and trying to decide how best to use it. Have read various opinions on this Forum already.

I'm not a warrior, so don't attack other cities or wilds. I do attack Goblin camps when I require gold, but am now at the stage where my Research levels are reaching 9 and it's very hard to get enough gold with the might I have (slightly less than 400,000). I do not have a Second City and I do not Buy Mithril.

From what I've read, the Academy is recommended first, but I've seen the amount of gold required to research Level 10 and it's impossible to get. I can't seem to find out what the benefits of Level 10 Research is anyway.

Second one is the Keep, which I am leaning towards. Says at Level 10 you can build Level 10 homes. Would you still need a Hobbit Building Crew for those or is it automatic?

Thanks for any advice.

Banned
    Hero hall first for higher level hero and more of them. Great hall 2nd for 3 more res fields and make your keep look mightier. Muster field 3rd so you can send out 10 raids or reinforcements at a time and faster marching speeds. Academy 4th to research level 10 researches. You'll also need hobbit crew to research level 10s. 5th the wall for better defense of gold and relics

Let me clean up a bit on what Rispy said. Great Hall at level 10 will give you the ability to train a 212 hero, if done correctly. Keep (not Great Hall as Rispy said) will only give you three more resource fields, which in my opinion is NOT worth it. Having the ability to send out an extra set of troops isn't important if you're not going to be attacking. Just find what works best for your playstyle, and go from there.

Banned
    Have 3 resource fields IS very important and useful, if your a professional war player like me who's wilds are always flipped by enemy alliances. And useful especially when you have really high level hero.

Advanced Member
    Great Hall level 10 is good... good for top killers looking for farms. I suggest you not upgrade Great Hall, unless you like to receive attacks.

I vote for Academy level 10, where you can research Vigor 10 (+defense), Honey Blades 10 (+attack), Cartography 10 (+map speed), Engineering 10 (+building speed), which will help you on Goblin's Camp attacks (less troops losses), fast on building, fast on moving around the map...

Thanks everyone for your advice and thoughts.

I'm going to upgrade my Keep. I'm already being farmed regularly so not concerned if I attract more. I have my ways of defeating the success of the "farmers".

As for the Academy, yes you can reserach Level 10, but you also need another Level 10 building to do so plus 2+ million gold which I'll never be able to get.

As for the Great Hall, 9 heroes is enough for me and since I don't battle, the hero levels are creeping up slowly.

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phrag3 View Post
    Thanks everyone for your advice and thoughts.

I'm going to upgrade my Keep. I'm already being farmed regularly so not concerned if I attract more. I have my ways of defeating the success of the "farmers".

As for the Academy, yes you can reserach Level 10, but you also need another Level 10 building to do so plus 2+ million gold which I'll never be able to get.

As for the Great Hall, 9 heroes is enough for me and since I don't battle, the hero levels are creeping up slowly.
    Are you traded. Of course the academys the first thing you upgrade. Then the keep the muster field then great gall. Trust me. Your not spending mithril so you'll never reach a lvl 212 hero anyways
    My Profile is Ubiquitous and my server is Fili

[QUOTE=phrag3;884815]
    Says at Level 10 you can build Level 10 homes. Would you still need a Hobbit Building Crew for those or is it automatic?
    [QUOTE]
    Feel like this never got answered:
    Do you need an additional Hobbit Building Crew for each Level 10 Home after upgrading your Keep to Level 10? (Like you do for many research categories after upgrading your Academy)

Advanced Member
    Do you need an additional Hobbit Building Crew for each Level 10 Home after upgrading your Keep to Level 10? (Like you do for many research categories after upgrading your Academy)
    Yes, you will need one crew for each house upgrade. Good luck!

Rispy, A quality attacking player does not have any resource fields.
    Less fields means more idle population, i have no fields, 5 homes and the rest are barracks.

But in the case of OP.
    Personally (And this is not my own gaming style) he should go for level 10 keep, to gain the 3 extra rss fields.
    If he is not willing to attack for rss, then he needs to produce his own.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Social links