+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

druid vs fey vs briton: is one better than the other?

so far when I read these forums, other than the original info with the patch notes all I see from players is the negative side of things(ie something doesn't work, or they are just trying to make us spend more) but what I would really like to see is what is good about the new features something I can actually use and make my game experience better.
    so can ya'll share with me please what city faction you think to be best and why I know each has it's good and gooder qualities but if you had to pick one.....
    Which one would it be and why

I wanted to know this too. So I got off my lazy ass and did some experimenting, learning the new content as it was released and enjoying these new features of the game to their fullest.

Rather than answer your question directly, I would like to suggest that the three different ascension cities are... well... different. They all have their uses. Also, it is way too early to be saying this one is best, etc - because we still have another 7 levels of ascension, major blessings, new troops types, and so on to be released.

My advice... learn the current features and take advantage of them, but keep your options open for when the rest of the ascension features are released.

yes I understand that they are different and that "gettin off my lazy arse and experimenting a little" is a great way to figure things out( and believe me I do) and I also know that no-one will know the fullest extent of each faction til the higher levels are released but I am not looking for things anyone can see at a glance nor necessarily game facts, those I can get in the diary or patch notes Kinda looking more for what the players THINK about them. Thanks for the input tho

Quote Originally Posted by gibb318 View Post
    yes I understand that they are different and that "gettin off my lazy arse and experimenting a little" is a great way to figure things out( and believe me I do) and I also know that no-one will know the fullest extent of each faction til the higher levels are released but I am not looking for things anyone can see at a glance nor necessarily game facts, those I can get in the diary or patch notes Kinda looking more for what the players THINK about them. Thanks for the input tho
    I've spoken to a Gm about this sort of thing. He said, when the rest of the levels are out, Koc combat is going to become very interesting. The whole of the ascension is to mix different peoples strategies. Some people will go for Fey for it's amazing attacking ability. Some will go for Druid for it's power to heal. Some will go to Briton for it's success in wielding and crafting siege weapons.

That's not just it though. Each one will involve players using different tactics to fight with, that even players with the biggest TR's won't be able to comprehend.

That's small bits of info that I've been told, and even after the release of the Briton faction things aren't leveling out... so lets hope the new levels will

My thoughts on a specific faction?

Well for now, I guess the most popular is Fey for it's power to boost troops stats in battle. However, I'm a fan of siege... so Briton interests me alot. I must say, Druid isn't as appealing to me as the other two but I haven't seen any future plans for either of them, so I ain't begging about one properly, yet lol.

Hope this gives you a good idea of things
    Ex-Knight abusing the system

This is just my opinion on which of the three...it's up to individual preference.
    1) Druid faction-faster revive times, faster training times with the blessings, but nothing drastic
    2) Fey faction-altar for sacrifice increases base stats, and you have the ability to increase attack guardian strength even more.
    3) Briton faction-new research, and with blessings, can train the new siege troops faster.

The reason I didn't mention the individual troops (bloodthorn, executioner, siege wall) is that any ascended city of any faction can use all of these ascended troops, so whichever faction you pick you can use them with.
    The druid faction has a faster apothecary, but the other factions have apothecaries, albeit less powerful ones, so you're not losing out on apothecaries altogether if you go with another.
    The fey factions altar boosts combat stats, but only from that city.and 40% boost is a Very significant difference, that can make equal range to where you can kill with archers at the least.
    The briton faction has new research, but as long as you keep the city, the research applies to all cities.

Of these, the fey faction is the more combat oriented one, as Harry_ said...you won't have the druid apothecaries to work with, but you can still revive from regular apothecaries, and the briton factions effects carry over to all cities, so in my opinion, I've kept a Fey for my main, and made a druid and a briton, and went with the research speed blessing as well as the training blessing for siege wall, with the intent of using them as training cities and moving them over to the fey to use the altar.

Hope this helps.

couldn't find a list of all the blessings, but from what i remember they are all just % to this or that. the druid is the only one with a 2nd troop i believe , so as far as combat fey looks to be best unless new druid troop is insane, and can only be used in druid citys

Banned
    I fight a lot so i have plenty of troops to revive and train and need all the attacking advantage i can get so my layout is as follows:

1 Briton - purely for the researches, with over 600% training boost from TR i don't need its training blessings really. Running out of population when training cats with 11-12 cottages/city lol.
    1 (Rotating) Druid - i use all the possible revival boosts in that city. City chosen to be druid had the most wounded troops out of all my cities. Once all the troops in it will be revived i intend to make it fey and switched the next city with most wounded to druid instead. It's an option only for those willing to spend the $20 every few weeks/months to make the switch. Also for those who live to win the tourneys having most cities as Druid is advised for the double reviving queues significantly boosting the end might of course.
    6 Fey cities. I haven't had the pleasure to defend against fey yet but had the pleasure to attack with 3 of my lvl 12 Fey cities on a few occasions already and it's a blast. Nothing survived regardless of the defender's TRs As i said i battle quit often therefore this is my fav. faction. with the altar boost and right TR even swords kill hc 1:1 enough said.

In conclusion 1 Briton is a must have. Druid is good to have but optional and if you wanna survive the onslaught - one should follow the dark path of the Fey.

I think druid is suitable for feeder city, Fey for main city with its sacrifice, and briton has new research workshop, so need at least one briton

Based on what is currently available.

Fey: Main city and attack cities. With what is currently out attacking or defending from anything else is a waste.
    Druid: Trainer cities for non siege.
    Briton: Trainer cities for siege and research.

Of course this may all change with future releases so heck go 2 or 3 cities for each for now.
    Just because someone is an "Expert Member" in the forum doesn't mean they know what they are talking about....It just means they're talking.

No longer playing.

And 1 quick question, do we have a Revive Diplomacy upgrade from Druid or Fey to Briton? Similiar to the 1 when the released of Fey city. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Social links