+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DoA - Water Eggs....

Did Water Eggs forget to be deposited in my area of the Orinocco Realm? I have taken every lake near me from level 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 (all total about 10 lakes) and NONE of them had an egg in it. This is getting ridiculous. I have attacked camps also and cannot seem to find ANY great dragon armor pieces OR water dragon armor pieces.

I am starting to wonder if the game is intentionally geared to require the purchase of some items from the SHOP instead of finding them as indicated.

Its random chance. Keep attacking lakes and camps, eventually you'll get the egg and armor. Note - attack the lakes, don't capture them. Its the act of attacking the locations that has a chance of dropping an egg, not the capturing of them.

Use waves. Hit a target nearby as many times as you can between respawns. Expect a few hundred attacks per drop.
    ~ Ogres are NOT nice and cuddly. Deal with it... I do apologize for the smell though.

My posts are color sensitive: Ogre Hat / [COLOR="red"]Moderator Hat[/COLOR]
    ~* DRAGONOMICON (The DoA Players Handbook) *~

Are we playing the same game? When you attack a Wilderness - its automatically conquered and captured OR you die and are sent retreating. There is no "attack and not capture option" on wildernesses. Also WAVES dont do any good on anything except Anthro Camps. On a wilderness you can attack in waves but your first several waves will all be destroyed and once you capture the wilderness on a subsequent wave - only THAT attack force gains any resources - subsequent waves are then "reinforcements" and dont get anything.

Unless I am missing something to this game (which is ENTIRELY possible I will admit) I am just not seeing that these answers are applicable. They work with Anthro Camps for the Dragon Armor - sure....but not on Lakes for the Eggs.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David E Love View Post
    Are we playing the same game? When you attack a Wilderness - its automatically conquered and captured OR you die and are sent retreating. There is no "attack and not capture option" on wildernesses. Also WAVES dont do any good on anything except Anthro Camps. On a wilderness you can attack in waves but your first several waves will all be destroyed and once you capture the wilderness on a subsequent wave - only THAT attack force gains any resources - subsequent waves are then "reinforcements" and dont get anything.

Unless I am missing something to this game (which is ENTIRELY possible I will admit) I am just not seeing that these answers are applicable. They work with Anthro Camps for the Dragon Armor - sure....but not on Lakes for the Eggs.
    You ARE missing something. Stop attacking Lakes when you have open slots for wilds. That way you only fight the battle and don't conquer and occupy it. This is how you are able to wave attack it just like camps for armor.

@ David
    Gonna give it to ya Barney Style: ( I love you, you love me, lets get together and kill barney)
    ~ Capture all the wilds you can so you have no empty wilderness slots The number of wilds you can conquer at once is equal to your Fort level or Fort + Outpost Plain lvl. Open your Wilderness tab in the lower right to see what you have and what is still open.

~ Find a target Lake as close to your city as possible between lvls 5-10. Make sure it is low enough level that you can defeat it without losses. Higher levels give better chance at drops so push the envelope.

~ Send most your army, enough to defeat it without loss, to clear the camp of anthros. Keep 20 or so troops at home for the waves, Dragons work best.

~ Time your next attack on the Lake to hit just AFTER your main army clears it. Pay attention to differences in marching times, your waves should move much faster then your main.

~ Spam the target location with as many attacks as you possibly can, sending 1-2 dragons to hit it repeatedly until the defending anthro troops start to respawn. Max out the amount of marches you can send and keep them maxed. If you start to take losses, stop attacking and recall all troops.

~ Wilds and Camps take a few minutes to respawn but the time is randomized and they dont respawn all at once. Watch how many troops are returning and pull back as soon as you see losses.You should be able to get in 12-20 attacks if your target isnt more then 1:30 away.

~ Wait a few minutes for it to fully respawn, then start again. Clear it, spam it, give it a rest.

EACH attack has a chance to gain an item, even when there are no defending troops or resources available. It doesnt matter if the attack has 1 troop or 100k, a single attack has a single chance for the drop. The above method maximizes your chances by simply increasing the number of attempts.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

You also have the option to continuously send waves if you have enough troops. You do pretty much the same as above but you instead make sure you have 20-30k Dragons left behind when your army goes to clear it.

You then send waves of 2000-3000 Dragons and dont let up at all. What this does is kill the respawning anthro before they can build up enough to be a threat. Only a few hundred will appear between the attacks as long as your waves arent more than 10-15 seconds apart.

This method requires more troops, constant attention, and has the risk factor to lose more troops if respawns build up too much before being killed. If you do miss some attacks or see losses, stop attacking and start again after it has fully respawned (give it 5min or so). Waiting a few minutes is better then losing troops needlessly.
    Last edited by Dreddnawt Mettlehead; 03-31-2011 at 08:37 AM.
    ~ Ogres are NOT nice and cuddly. Deal with it... I do apologize for the smell though.

ultimately must have one million troops for the attacks hahahahahahaha ridiculus

^ Alex,
    You do realize that you get all your troops back without taking any losses if you do this correctly, right? You arent sacrificing troops with every wave.

you know- its frustrating when people dont explain clearly cos they EXPECT u to already know or they are too lazy to type out the entire answer- where there is no ambiguity or doubt.
    this is first clear answer(answers above) about how to attack without capturing & how to get a Water Dragon egg.
    i was also wondering how to attack in waves as i always conquer when im successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahomed Saleem Moorad View Post
    you know- its frustrating when people dont explain clearly cos they EXPECT u to already know or they are too lazy to type out the entire answer- where there is no ambiguity or doubt.
    this is first clear answer(answers above) about how to attack without capturing & how to get a Water Dragon egg.
    i was also wondering how to attack in waves as i always conquer when im successful.
    You could get most questions answered just by reading through the DRAGONOMICON (link is in Dredd's signature) or by using the search function on the top right. There've been literally dozens of threads and posts addressing and answering exactly the same query.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Social links