+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kabaam caring more about cash then players?

I think this needs to be brought up because with the recent updates came more problems and i have seen no patch to fix it.

We all know that rally point got a make over and when you go to train its got another option. While i found these nice there came with it bugs.

1) Builds work but barely. A good example is when i try to upgrade a farm. It will catch but only after 4 tries of getting errors and two loads that won't go through.

2) troop march doesn't show up. I have to look in rally point to even see it.

3) i started a build failing to send the help and when i went to go do that I do not get the option. Instead i get a mini list of items to buy to finish the build.

4) they have gem prices/buy button listed in rally point now.

5) level 11 rally point which means all those cheaters can now send more troops and ruin the game for others even more.

6) I do like the option for the level 11 castle though as it gives me 12 wilds which can help alot.

7) The ability to recall troops during a march. While this might be good if you sent it accidentally at a owned wild. It can be abused and a player attacking others can do this then recall and attack them later when they are offline. This should be for only wilds/plains/barb camps.

It seems to me that all kabam is starting to care about is the money from purchasing the gems. To me if you want to continue to make money off of stuff in the shop then maybe you should deal with the problems at hand and make a product that people would be happy to support.

I don't know this is just my two cents. What is your opinion?

Note: i'm only making this so those of us who play this can give our opinion and hope that the good folks at kabam will fix them and make us a game that we would be glad to spend money in. I also realized i spelled it Kabaam and not Kabam in my title. my bad.
    Last edited by Ravenblade1979; 02-21-2011 at 10:07 PM.

well i don't think they have a test server. they should probably test this stuff first but i don't think they test it all that much. add to this the "fixes" we get in many cases don't seem to always work. they say its in beta and this is why but to be honest i don't think it will ever leave beta. i am pretty sure most would like a more functional game over new graphics and or content. i think many would be more willing to spend on a game that functions then could add the newer stuff once things fixed. well thats my thoughts.
    i am not totally useless...at least i can be used as a bad example

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
    It seems to me that all kabam is starting to care about is the money from purchasing the gems.
    Not that this is justification, but isn't that what all business entities are about? They want to make money. I suppose putting an option to "buy" an item on every screen possible does that.

Plenty of new domains open up regularly, and new people are learning to play the game. Those who want to buy gems will. Those that dont will not. It's as simple as that. It's ultimately apersonal preference in how much time AND MONEY you want to spend on a facebook game. I myself have purchsed plenty of gems.

Yes there are glitches and thing that dont work well. If you are going to complain about it, then dont play the game. This is a beta version. We are all testers, and we CHOOSE to spend money or not. You can't blame a busines entity for wanting to find ways to entice people to spend money/buy gems. It's no different than any other company advertising a product in places where people will see it, especially in the moment they may need or want it.

i thought they tested it on a handful of servers.... and even after awhole bunch of complaining in the forums... they then realeased it to all of the remaining servers about 20-24 hours after having released it on the few servers and didn't care what anyone thought... isn't that how it happened?? lol imo of course
    Last edited by Bin; 02-21-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Laci didn't say I was going to quit. However I have played beta's that were honestly more stable then this.

I know kabam is trying to entice people but maybe they should think about fixing some things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bin View Post
    i thought they tested it on a handful of servers.... and even after awhole bunch of complaining in the forums... they then realeased it to all of the remaining servers about 20-24 hours after having released it on the few servers and didn't care what anyone thought... isn't that how it happened?? lol imo of course
    no i mean a actual test server. they released it on a few servers first then to all i think. they actually have no test server as far as i know which most games do. someplace they can test and check for bugs themselves and check how well it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Laci Fiala View Post
    Not that this is justification, but isn't that what all business entities are about? They want to make money. I suppose putting an option to "buy" an item on every screen possible does that.

Plenty of new domains open up regularly, and new people are learning to play the game. Those who want to buy gems will. Those that dont will not. It's as simple as that. It's ultimately apersonal preference in how much time AND MONEY you want to spend on a facebook game. I myself have purchsed plenty of gems.

Yes there are glitches and thing that dont work well. If you are going to complain about it, then dont play the game. This is a beta version. We are all testers, and we CHOOSE to spend money or not. You can't blame a busines entity for wanting to find ways to entice people to spend money/buy gems. It's no different than any other company advertising a product in places where people will see it, especially in the moment they may need or want it.
    well sense it is beta...would think more reason to say what we think and tell them there are bugs. i understand the concept of making money but could make money and fix the product i would think. it seems people want bugs fixed and a workable game or at least work to that end. by always claiming it is in beta can just not fix things? seems like a bad business model and while i am sure they are making some money now i am sure they could make more buy fixing these things.

cave hit it exactly on the head. kabam is not enticing anyone by having a game with this many bugs. Its turning people off from it. Even the new players.
    Last edited by Ravenblade1979; 02-22-2011 at 01:10 AM.

I really do understand Kabam needing to make money... but lets be real...

1. No one looks at the march screen and sees 10 things saying to buy gems and says "Oh jeez! Good thing this page is telling me to buy gems otherwise I wouldn't have bought them!"

2. People who are going to buy gems... KNOW HOW to buy gems.

3. People don't decide to buy gems because they get reminded that they can ever 2 seconds... People decide to buy gems when they NEED something and have the money to buy gems.

4. If people are going to buy gems... they already know what they want and have a need to buy it.

It is usually a pre-planned thing. Ya know?
    Just because you get a screen that says:
    "Buy a green dragon wing! for x amount of gems!"
    You don't say: "OK Kabam! Even though I don't need it! Since you said to buy it... I will!"

Just sort of annoying. Repetitive. Ya know? Like my post? See what I did there?

Kabam, we get it. We don't need the the repetitiveness. One reminder here and there is enough.

So while I understand making it clear that gems are available for purchase... I don't think it is necessary to have THAT many reminders. That just makes it annoying in my opinion.
    Last edited by CGHawk; 02-22-2011 at 01:23 AM.

Advanced Member
    The game is in Beta mode, we are aware of this and must give an understanding that we are the testers of an unfinished game, therefore there is bound to be bugs and glitches, many of the players that give points of views here are aware of this. But Kabam is not listening to the testers, we inform them as testers what is wrong and what needs attention, they add something else other than fixing many issues. If your foundations of your new house has issues then you would not continue to build your house creating further issues and then go back to fix the foundations ! Kabam should fix the foundations of KofC before adding more levels to the building for it all to come crashing down around them.

As for Kabam being a business, and yes the same as any other business with the interest of making money, this is also true and must be understood that advertisement is a great business strategy, but to sell a product that doesn't work because they concentrate on advertising more than improving an inferior product is not how a good business should operate or continue too without losing business !

If it was a material product that failed to work then the choice would be either put up with it or take it back to be rein-burst, telling players "don't play then" after they have spent money isn't an option, no company with the interest of making money would tell the public not to use the product. So for those players here telling others "Don't play then" are wrong to do so, because we are not complaining but doing our jobs as testers and reporting what we see would improve the game to Kabam. Your just telling testers "Don't be a tester then" when they are only reporting what they see should be changed and improved. Either we are testers and should be listened to because the game is in Beta mode or, we are not testers and should be ignored like what is happening and therefore the game is not in Beta mode. Resulting that the excuse for not returning money because the game is in Beta mode a farce.

Giving game to testers, listening to testers and making changes = Beta Mode

Taking money, not improving product doesn't = Beta Mode

Taking money, not improving product = Losing customers and a bad business plan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Social links