+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire mirrors

Fire mirrors

Can anyone tell me how well fire mirrors work in an attack? Lets say i'm a defender with lots of troops getting attacked by 5k fire mirrors and 10k giants. Would the fire mirror's range make it so that my longbowman won't get any shots off before they are killed? I want to defend against these attacks but i dont know how my troops will fair against fire mirrors. Any help is welcome.

I suggest you read the Troop Guide, specifically where LBMs and FMs are compared.

As for your range question. If I can throw water balloons 60 feet and you can only throw water balloons 50 feet and I started hitting you with water balloons from 60ft away, would you stand there getting soaked or maybe step closer until you could hit me back? LBMs, and all your other troops, will do the same.
    ~ Ogres are NOT nice and cuddly. Deal with it... I do apologize for the smell though.

My posts are color sensitive: Ogre Hat / [COLOR="red"]Moderator Hat[/COLOR]
    ~* DRAGONOMICON (The DoA Players Handbook) *~

well you personally don't use fire mirrors so I need someone that have used fire mirrors to answer this question. I think range fighters stay out of range and shoot while the melee units close in. Range fighters don't get engaged by the enemy until the last of the melee troops have been killed. That's why Fire mirrors can be so devastating in an attack because they stay out of everyone's range, and the giants keep all the troops away from them. But again, this is just speculation. I need someone with real battle experience with FM to definitively answer this.

Valid point. I dont use them at all. Ive made some on a couple servers with the intent of testing them, but I admit I havent nor do I care to.

I have seen reports with 5k FMs taking a level 10 camp, and seen Giants and BDs own FMs. So I guess it could go either way.
    ~ Ogres are NOT nice and cuddly. Deal with it... I do apologize for the smell though.

Fire mirrors aren't that good. I ran a test last week where i had a friend send 1 fire mirror at 2 dozen of my archers in a wild. No losses on the archers. After saying that, as long as you have somewhere around 10x the amount of archers on your side and you have a maxed wall, the fire mirrors wont gimpy uour archers...you might want 10k giants though to counter your opponents giants.
    The Legend Returns...

Advanced Member
    I have a doubt about giants. he needs 10k giants to counter 10k giants? But i thought giants do 1000 damage while attacking but 400 damage while defending! So if i'm not wrong if we leave to giants to fight each other then the attacking giant would clearly defeat the one who is defending. Does it happen this way or there is some other mechanism in action? I'm a bit new to all these

@ Master
    That would be true considering 1vs1. But they were discussing using FMs. The 10k Giants in front of your Mirrors provides a sort of speed bump that prevents the attacking melee from closing in and killing your FMs.

Advanced Member
    Yea thanks i understood that They are using FMs but I was asking what about if we only use giants! Then I think the ones attacking will be in advantage. I'm a bit new to these battle technics

Could someone tell me what the training time of FMs is compared to Giants, please?
    Mind you, I don't need to know how many and what lvl Garrisons, I just need to know what the ratio between them two is.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Kron; 02-21-2011 at 10:43 PM.

ALOT longer , dont know the exact time but it takes much more time. BUT they are worth it 100% sooo when you get to them make alot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Liens sociaux